PDA

View Full Version : Can knit be taken in?

hillview
09-25-2011, 09:59 PM
I have a BUNCH of St John's suits that are at least one size if not 2 sizes too large. Can these be tailored?
TIA
/hillary

Globetrotter
09-26-2011, 04:21 PM
No idea, but I saw your pics! You are skinny, girl! From all your posts, I thought you were heavy (or used to be).

hillview
09-26-2011, 04:26 PM
No idea, but I saw your pics! You are skinny, girl! From all your posts, I thought you were heavy (or used to be).

Aww thanks! I lost 30 lbs in the last few months. I am getting there :) Taking the pics really helped me feel less fat actually. I still FEEL like I am 30 lbs heavier when I think about my body image.

/hillary

ThreeofUs
09-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Yes. They can - but you need to go to a VERY good tailor. Ask around for someone who is good with couture.

Maybe check at one of these cleaners for a recommendation?
http://www.americasbestcleaners.com/?action=page&area=18

Globetrotter
09-26-2011, 05:05 PM
I am getting there

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think you're already there :)

arivecchi
09-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Yes. They can - but you need to go to a VERY good tailor. Ask around for someone who is good with couture.:yeahthat: You could call Neiman or Saks and ask who they recommend.

TwinFoxes
09-26-2011, 08:06 PM
:yeahthat: You could call Neiman or Saks and ask who they recommend.

Or they might have an in-house tailor. They would charge you extra since it's not a purchase, but if they'll do it that seems like the best bet.

hillview
09-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Humm good point. I got some of it at Nordies and some at the St John's store in town. Wonder if they would do it well and at a reasonable rate ...

Reina
09-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Definitely ask your local St John store. The tailor they might have on staff or the tailor they refer their customers to will have the most experience with St. John's fabrics & style.

Also, like PP suggested, you can ask the tailor/seamstress at a department store that sells St. John like Saks or Neiman.

The seamstresses at the Saks I shop at accept outside garments. (that's where I get all my clothes done including cheap jeans. I'm 5'2", so all my pants, jeans, suit jackets etc need altering for either height or arms or waist taken in or something.) Their rates are not crazy either. I just had a pair of wool pants taken in (waist) and hemmed for $35.