PDA

View Full Version : Boden Mid-Season sale Plus extra 20% off

Mom Magic
09-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Boden just posted a mid-season sale with select items up to 25% off. Plus it seems to be accepting code WRSM for an additional 20% off with free ship and free returns on top of the sale prices.

Happy shopping Bodenistas!

--Andie

mariza
09-26-2011, 07:27 AM
I always look, but never take the plunge but I might this time! Anyone have any favorites to recommend for 6.5 yo DD and 5 yo DS?
Thanks for the code and sale info OP!

lchang25000
09-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Saw this on GF and was just about to come and post! Looks like I will finally be getting the boy's owl tee and baby racoon top that's been sitting in my cart forever! It brought the owl shirt down to $16.80 and racoon top down to $14.40!

Going go see if there's anything mama would like now!

lchang25000
09-26-2011, 08:28 AM
I always look, but never take the plunge but I might this time! Anyone have any favorites to recommend for 6.5 yo DD and 5 yo DS?
Thanks for the code and sale info OP!

Boy's appliqué tops are always a good choice (in the band tops). Not sure about items for girls.

AbbysMom
09-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Anyone have the women's ruched waist jersey dress and can tell me how it is? The reviews seem pretty good. Thinking of getting in black for work/church.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Online-Only-Styles/WH276-BLK/Womens-Black-Ruched-Waist-Jersey-Dress.html#pr-header-WH276

Avispa
09-26-2011, 10:36 AM
ebates is 3% and mr rebates is 4% cashback.

Avispa
09-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Code NY11 gets you 20% off plus FS/FR AND a free wallet if you spend more than $150 (if you do any return and that brings your total below $150 I believe they will charge you for the wallet).

twowhat?
09-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Can someone tell me how the women's sizes run? I'm a size 0 in J Crew and a size 0 or 2 (depending on the item) for Gap, AT, etc. I want to try some Boden but looks like they only go down to a size 2.

3isEnough
09-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks so much OP, this is what I needed to finally make the jump back into Boden after being on a 1 year hiatus :thumbsup:

iaam
09-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Code NY11 gets you 20% off plus FS/FR AND a free wallet if you spend more than $150 (if you do any return and that brings your total below $150 I believe they will charge you for the wallet).

Nice, thanks for the code! I am getting three T-shirts for DS and three dresses/tunics for me. OP, thanks for alerting us to the deal - I ignored the email I got from Boden about it!

jennilynn
09-26-2011, 12:21 PM
I have to ask, what the heck is a dippy egg? (it's on one of the baby shirts.)

ElspethCordelia
09-26-2011, 12:25 PM
I have to ask, what the heck is a dippy egg? (it's on one of the baby shirts.)

I think it's a soft boiled egg. Kind of odd...

janine
09-26-2011, 12:25 PM
had my eye on something (for me) but smaller siizes all gone..hoping some come back!

♥ms.pacman♥
09-26-2011, 12:29 PM
ah, ok this is the excuse i needed to try Boden.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Skirts/Knee-Length-Skirts/WG412-DBR/Womens-Mocha-Flippy-Cord-Skirt.html

anybody have this flippy cord skirt?? based on good reviews and the fact that i need something flattering to hide cover my tummy (see my other thread), i am willing to try this. i love corduroy in the winter and i love skirts. i'm sad though ALL colors in size i need are sold out except for purple. i really like the mocha or the lt brown

tny915
09-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Can someone tell me how the women's sizes run? I'm a size 0 in J Crew and a size 0 or 2 (depending on the item) for Gap, AT, etc. I want to try some Boden but looks like they only go down to a size 2.

I'm about your size and can wear a Boden 2, though some items do end up too big. I usually buy dresses and tops. The reviews sometimes comment on if an item runs large or small.

♥ms.pacman♥
09-26-2011, 01:08 PM
ok is it crazy that i've already have $600+ in my shopping cart? ive never ordered from Boden before, and i have no idea how the sizes run or how things will fit at all. i've ordered everything in 2 sizes (sometimes 3 sizes if there are different lengths available), so i plan to return at least half of the things... it says a flat fee of $7 will be deducted from refund for returned items..is this from every item, or will be a total of $7 be deducted if i return, say 5 items in one package?

ett
09-26-2011, 01:16 PM
ok is it crazy that i've already have $600+ in my shopping cart? ive never ordered from Boden before, and i have no idea how the sizes run or how things will fit at all. i've ordered everything in 2 sizes (sometimes 3 sizes if there are different lengths available), so i plan to return at least half of the things... it says a flat fee of $7 will be deducted from refund for returned items..is this from every item, or will be a total of $7 be deducted if i return, say 5 items in one package?

Use the FS/FR code posted earlier in this thread and you don't have to pay return shipping.

♥ms.pacman♥
09-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Use the FS/FR code posted earlier in this thread and you don't have to pay return shipping.

oh, ok..i used both codes (first code to get 20%) and the NY11 code that says FS/FR and spend $150 for the free wallet and all that.

so to return items, i would just use the return label on the package, and i don't have to pay anything??

ett
09-26-2011, 01:41 PM
oh, ok..i used both codes (first code to get 20%) and the NY11 code that says FS/FR and spend $150 for the free wallet and all that.

so to return items, i would just use the return label on the package, and i don't have to pay anything??

The return label should say free returns on it. If it doesn't, call them and tell them to send you one.

elbenn
09-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I was excited when I saw this thread, but every single item I want is not on the sale. Do you think they will rotate the sale items like they do with COTD?

♥ms.pacman♥
09-26-2011, 02:02 PM
The return label should say free returns on it. If it doesn't, call them and tell them to send you one.

OK thanks!

i took the plunge... i ordered Flippy Cord Skirt, Favorite Tie Cardigan, Alice Wrap Dress and the Mayfair Jacket. i got each item in at least 2 sizes (some in different colors too) so my total was scary $$$ (i normally don't spend more than $200 on myself on clothes, ever!). anyway, if even just ONE item fits and works out, i'd be happy!!

Jo..
09-26-2011, 03:14 PM

Yes that's nuts.

My Boden orders generally range from $25-$75 (on sale), and I am a fan familiar with their brand. Start slow. Buy a couple of things.

lilhilly
09-26-2011, 03:21 PM
I was excited when I saw this thread, but every single item I want is not on the sale. Do you think they will rotate the sale items like they do with COTD?

Ditto. I need pants for DS and DD and want a Hamptons tee for me.

I don't think they're rotating items with this sale; I'm still holding out hope for COTD or something like it later in the fall.

iaam
09-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm still holding out hope for COTD or something like it later in the fall.

Me too (even though I did place an order from the mid season sale too)! And I hope the corduroy dresses are included - I would love to get a couple of those!

iaam
09-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Yes that's nuts.

My Boden orders generally range from $25-$75 (on sale), and I am a fan familiar with their brand. Start slow. Buy a couple of things.

Well, to be fair, with the FS/FR, it's not a bad way to try out the different styles/sizing, especially since this is her first time shopping there...

janine
09-26-2011, 03:58 PM
how long is this promotion good for?

citymama
09-26-2011, 04:05 PM

This is what I'm hoping too. There are some mama, girls and baby items I have in my cart and none of them are part of this sale. I don't want to get stuff I haven't narrowed down because you know what that leads to! So I'm hoping this will be a sale where they'll switch items.

I believe my email said until Thursday. If anyone is spending over $150, the promo stacks with code for $30 off a $150 purchase (your email should click thru to it).

ett
09-26-2011, 04:05 PM

Until Thursday, 9/29.

janine
09-26-2011, 04:16 PM
This is what I'm hoping too. There are some mama, girls and baby items I have in my cart and none of them are part of this sale. I don't want to get stuff I haven't narrowed down because you know what that leads to! So I'm hoping this will be a sale where they'll switch items.

I believe my email said until Thursday. If anyone is spending over $150, the promo stacks with code for $30 off a $150 purchase (your email should click thru to it).

Thanks - but what is this $30 off? I just purchased and didn't see any email...eek.

AnnieW625
09-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Holding out for COTD sale because I want some baby stuff. I am tempted by the tie front cardigans though because I love the one I have. I wish the tie front dresses weren't over $100.

scrooks
09-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Ok...i ordered my first Boden piece...the everyday tunic. I am excited! I have high hopes that it will be a great shirt!

sujathas
09-26-2011, 05:38 PM
I saw the add for the sale, but wasn't inspired to buy until I saw your code for the additional 20% off with FS/FR. nice-- brings the stuff I got for my son down to around 40+% off-- which is very respectable for mini-boden. So Thank you! Just wish they had more stuff on sale-- particularly the lined pants.

georgiegirl
09-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Okay, I just ordered the Fabulous Tunic and a velvet trimmed blazer,

jammytoast
09-26-2011, 09:33 PM
in addition to the 20% off and FS/FR, the NY11 code gave me a free blue fun spot wallet! It matches the Fun Spot oilcloth shopper that's clearanced, but I cant find it listed otherwise.

Didnt really need a new wallet, but hey, if Jonnie is going to give me one (and a fun one at that!) I'll accept. (OR, yes, may hold it for a 'free' Christmas gift for my bestie)

LexyLou
09-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Thank you!

I bought a bikini I had been eyeing for awhile. For $25 a piece, I can't beat it!

I also got the denim skirt.

I never buy Boden unless it has the free returns, so thanks for that code!

citymama
09-27-2011, 03:34 AM
Oh cr@p. I just found something I like. This flippy cord skirt (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Skirts/Knee-Length-Skirts/WG412-BLK/Womens-Black-Flippy-Cord-Skirt.html) in black.[/URL]

What could I get to go with it that would dress it up a little to wear in a professional context or for an evening out? I like [URL="http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WL611-BLU/Womens-Military-Blue-Folded-Trim-Top.html"]this (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Skirts/Knee-Length-Skirts/WG412-BLK/Womens-Black-Flippy-Cord-Skirt.html), but I think it makes for a more casual look.

janine
09-27-2011, 10:12 AM
I made a first purchase of a trench coat - and now the color I really wanted is back in stock...wonder if I should buy it since FS/FR but not sure if I can use the code twice?

Also I'm typically a 4-6 (a 4 in JCREW), will a 6 be big on me?

boltfam
09-27-2011, 12:22 PM
I made a first purchase of a trench coat - and now the color I really wanted is back in stock...wonder if I should buy it since FS/FR but not sure if I can use the code twice?

I think you can use the code more than once. I don't think a 6 will be too big on you. I find Boden to run smaller than the J Crew stuff I have. Definately read reviews on that particular item if there are any, b/c Boden sizing often varies by the item.

mommy111
09-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Yes that's nuts.

Care to share how you do that, O Queen of Bargains :praying: (couldn't find a begging smilie :))
I bought end of season second markdowns last time and tops were still in the $50-80 range a piece.

citymama
09-27-2011, 12:41 PM

What are your measurements? If you wear a 4 in other brands, I would get a 4 in Boden.

ett
09-27-2011, 12:47 PM

You can check the actual garment measurements too.

jgenie
09-27-2011, 02:07 PM

Is the $30 off only available if you received the email?

citymama
09-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Is the $30 off only available if you received the email?

use the code W290

secchick
09-27-2011, 02:34 PM
use the code W290

Correct me if I am wrong, but WRSM is better, unless you spend exactly $150, in which case it is the same. A straight 20% off works with more or less than $150.

citymama
09-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but WRSM is better, unless you spend exactly $150, in which case it is the same. A straight 20% off works with more or less than $150.

I agree!

jgenie
09-27-2011, 03:03 PM

Only one code per order? TIA

Mom Magic
09-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Generally you can use the same code for multiple orders, but you may only use one code per order. The only time you can get multiple discounts is when special sales like this one, or catch-of-the-day, let you apply a code to the sale prices. Boden's regular end-of-season sales do not allow any codes to be applied, except for free ship/free returns, and even then only after the first few weeks of the sale.

You can also use Ebates to get an extra 3% back (except on the Boden season preview sites, www.bodenpreview.com, like the winter preview up now).

I agree-- if you are not spending exactly $150, the 20% off code gets you a better discount. If you are spending exactly $150, then the discount is the same either way.

--Andie

jgenie
09-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks - used the WRSM code in case I return something.

C&C's mom
09-27-2011, 04:48 PM
I clicked through the email and saved the $30 for spending $150 and then it stacked with the WRSM code for an additional 20% off.

Beth24
09-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I clicked through the email and saved the $30 for spending $150 and then it stacked with the WRSM code for an additional 20% off.

Ugh! I just assumed I couldn't do that...should I call for a PA?

♥ms.pacman♥
09-27-2011, 05:06 PM

you can. i placed an order yesterday, then i checked today and saw that the size/length i really wanted on item (flippy cord skirt) came back in stock (in low quantity) and so i placed another order with just that, and was able to use the codes to get free returns, free shipping.

citymama
09-27-2011, 05:36 PM
you can. i placed an order yesterday, then i checked today and saw that the size/length i really wanted on item (flippy cord skirt) came back in stock (in low quantity) and so i placed another order with just that, and was able to use the codes to get free returns, free shipping.

hey, what did you get to pair with the flippy skirt? i'm ordering it too...

♥ms.pacman♥
09-27-2011, 06:06 PM
hey, what did you get to pair with the flippy skirt? i'm ordering it too...

i didn't really get any tops to go with it since the ones i wanted weren't on sale. i did order the Mayfair jacket, but not sure any of the colors i got would go with it...will have to see!

if i ended up really liking the skirt, i will have to buy boots too (i currently don't own a single pair of boots!). i'm sort of having to start from scratch, which is $$ but i really need/want to start revamping my wardrobe , ala goldenpig-style (seriously, goldenpig's before/after YLF pics are such an inspiration!!!) :)

Club924
09-27-2011, 08:30 PM
i can't seem to get the WRSM code to work...does it work on clearance items? that's what i'm trying to purchase...it just gives me the free shipping but not the addtl 20% off.

lauti
09-27-2011, 08:35 PM
i can't seem to get the WRSM code to work...does it work on clearance items? that's what i'm trying to purchase...it just gives me the free shipping but not the addtl 20% off.

Boden codes don't work on sale or clearance.

vludmilla
09-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Ugh! I just assumed I couldn't do that...should I call for a PA?

I wouldn't call.

jent
09-27-2011, 09:03 PM
OMG, I did NOT need to know this... but on top of seeing in the recent catalog that Boden has added petites, I just can't stay away...

Oh Johnnie, I wish I knew how to quit you!

ett
09-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Boden codes don't work on sale or clearance.

It doesn't work on clearance but it works on the current mid season sale items.

BayGirl2
09-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Just finally placed my first Boden order! I've been wanting the Raccoon shirts for DS for a while. Saw them online and then a friend's kid was wearing one recently. So cute, I've been waiting for a sale. Of course, with the code I needed to get some cute stuff for DD too. But I held back on the Funky Pinafore mushroom dress - hoping I can get a better deal on that later in the season.

This board is a bad influence!

Twoboos
09-28-2011, 02:39 PM
All right, I'm in for the flippy skirt too! And other stuff I don't need, LOL.

BTW - it says I get a free gift b/c I spent so much. But it never said what it was, anyone know?

Reina
09-28-2011, 02:43 PM
All right, I'm in for the flippy skirt too! And other stuff I don't need, LOL.

BTW - it says I get a free gift b/c I spent so much. But it never said what it was, anyone know?

it's a blue/green wristlet wallet. Very cute.

MissyL11
09-28-2011, 03:24 PM
I got a flippy skirt too. Now I just need to find some great boots to go with it.

citymama
09-28-2011, 03:30 PM
I got a flippy skirt too. Now I just need to find some great boots to go with it.

Me too!

PAfirsttimemom
09-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Sorry if this was asked before, but can you use the 20% off on clearance items?

lauti
09-28-2011, 08:16 PM

Nope. Just regular price or the stuff that's part of the mid-season sale.

iaam
09-28-2011, 08:16 PM

No, doesn't work on clearance items.

boltfam
09-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Got the tunic I have been wanting since I set my eyes on it in the Fall catalog! They were out of my first choice in color...oh well.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/WK680-NAV/Womens-Navy-Silver-Melange-Stripe-Breton-Tunic.html

mommy111
09-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Just broke my heart :(
The uplifting cord dress, which I ordered yesterday and which was basically going to be the only thing I bought this fall, is delayed by 14 weeks.

MissyL11
09-29-2011, 07:03 AM
Just broke my heart :(
The uplifting cord dress, which I ordered yesterday and which was basically going to be the only thing I bought this fall, is delayed by 14 weeks.

Sorry to hear this.... I love that dress....

plusbellelavie
09-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Got the tunic I have been wanting since I set my eyes on it in the Fall catalog! They were out of my first choice in color...oh well.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/WK680-NAV/Womens-Navy-Silver-Melange-Stripe-Breton-Tunic.html

Just wanted to let you know it looks like the morning there was a "restock" of many of the color/sizes that were out of stock yesterday maybe your first choice is now available! HTH!

Hippoharbor
09-29-2011, 10:04 AM
I read earlier that someone was able to get the $30 off $150 deal, but then still be able to enter a code for 20% off. Does anyone know how to do this? I have tried, but failed.

Thanks.

lilhilly
09-29-2011, 10:27 AM
I read earlier that someone was able to get the $30 off $150 deal, but then still be able to enter a code for 20% off. Does anyone know how to do this? I have tried, but failed.

Thanks.

Boden codes never stack. I think what the PP was referring to was using the $30 off $150 code on top of the additional 20% discount that has already been taken off the items in the mid-season sale. That's doable.

boltfam
09-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Just wanted to let you know it looks like the morning there was a "restock" of many of the color/sizes that were out of stock yesterday maybe your first choice is now available! HTH!

Thanks for letting me know! My first choice is the red and navy stripe, which will ship in six weeks. The question is...can I wait that long? ;)

citymama
09-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks for letting me know! My first choice is the red and navy stripe, which will ship in six weeks. The question is...can I wait that long? ;)

They sometimes ship way sooner than listed - you should get it in a month.

boltfam
09-29-2011, 02:57 PM
They sometimes ship way sooner than listed - you should get it in a month.

That's true. Hmmm...should I call or reorder?

sujathas
09-29-2011, 03:24 PM
I just ordered this 3-pack of infant girl sleep suits about 2 days ago, and they arrived today! (Along with the "big print tshirt" for my son). So some things are definitely shipping out much faster these days. The 3-pack of sleep suits are really cute and would also make a great gift. They are originally $54 for three, but with the sale and the 20% off code, they came to $32 for three. I don't know how well they will hold up to repeated washings (i.e. like hanna anderson or not), but they look adorable! Here is a link if anyone is interested in a good buy:
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Baby-Rompers-Play-Sets/70034-SPT/Baby-Spot-Pack-3-Pack-Sleepsuits.html

I got this shirt for my son in the red stripe with drums which came to a respectable $16, and is bright and soft as well:
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Boys-Tops-T-shirts/21471-RED/Boys-Deep-Red_Ecru-Drums-Big-Print-T-shirt.html

boltfam
09-29-2011, 03:32 PM
I just ordered this 3-pack of infant girl sleep suits about 2 days ago, and they arrived today! (Along with the "big print tshirt" for my son). So some things are definitely shipping out much faster these days.

I got this shirt for my son in the red stripe with drums which came to a respectable $16, and is bright and soft as well:
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Boys-Tops-T-shirts/21471-RED/Boys-Deep-Red_Ecru-Drums-Big-Print-T-shirt.html

Wow! Lucky you! I have had that once when my order arrived so quickly, and it was a pleasant surprise. I have been eying that big print t in navy for DS. I'm glad to hear a good review since there are none on the website. Does it seem to run TTS?

sujathas
09-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Wow! Lucky you! I have had that once when my order arrived so quickly, and it was a pleasant surprise. I have been eying that big print t in navy for DS. I'm glad to hear a good review since there are none on the website. Does it seem to run TTS?

Yes- it does seem to run true to size. My 3yo is 42 inches tall, so I went for the 4-5yo size (says it is for 43.5 inches height and up), and it is baggy on him. It should easily last for at least another year. So I think the sizing is accurate. It is very soft, and the stripes with the print are very eye catching.

iaam
09-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Slightly OT, but not entirely: I noticed that there is still a LOT of stock in the clearance section (at least for women; lots of stuff that I was tempted to buy even though I bought a lot when the sale began). Will they do another mark down to get stuff out or just leave it at the current price points for as long as it takes (or other)? Anyone know/want to guess?

maiaann
09-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Slightly OT, but not entirely: I noticed that there is still a LOT of stock in the clearance section (at least for women; lots of stuff that I was tempted to buy even though I bought a lot when the sale began). Will they do another mark down to get stuff out or just leave it at the current price points for as long as it takes (or other)? Anyone know/want to guess?

Clearance has been at those prices for a LONG time. Usually there are 2 markdowns, and both have been done. I have my doubts it will go any lower. When EOS comes around (Dec), Boden will take the remaining summer clearance stock off the website and replace it with EOS.

citymama
09-30-2011, 01:01 AM

They don't do any further markdowns at this point.

jennilynn
09-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Thank you all for posting this! I spent yesterday morning driving around town trying on clothes to update my wardrobe, then gave up and came home to place a big Boden order. Went a little over budget but so worth it. With the sale, 20% and free wallet it was a great deal. Added a couple of clearance items too (denim pencil skirt and Boulevard necklace.) Love Boden!

weech
09-30-2011, 11:51 AM
I just got my Boden order last night. Had never shopped there before, so I didn't know what to expect. Both of the tunics I ordered were longer than some of the dresses I own! Oh well, I tried!