PDA

View Full Version : Help pick my Disney double

maydaymommy
09-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi,

WDW trip quickly approaching & I need some stroller help!

My plan has been to bring a single & rent a double there.

I will bring my Vista (w/ piggyback board).
But, now that I think of it, I need to make sure ds2 fits comfortably in it. I'm not worried, since he's a very small 4.
I guess ideally I'd be bringing a smaller, lighter single w/ a ride-on board.
My only umbrella is a Cybex Callisto & I don't think the push would be good enough.

Which double should I rent: BJCElite Double or Bob Dualie?

We're not taking Disney buses - we'll have a car and may at times take the hotel shuttle. I think the BjcED would fold easier and have a smaller footprint, but BOB would be so much easier to push on long days.

Advice, please!

maydaymommy
09-28-2011, 03:25 PM
BOB Dualie vs BJCElite Double

(in addition to single in case we go out w/ just ds2)

Anyone?

todzwife
09-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Sorry, I'm not much help but I think either would be a good choice. I don't have either to compare push, I have a BJCMD and it's totally fine. Disney isn't a rough terrain, so you'll be fine there.

smiles33
09-28-2011, 05:53 PM
We just got back from DLR and BJCMD was perfect for my 5 and 2 year olds. Granted, it required all my attention when pushing the stroller in the herd of people after World of Color, as I didn't want to nick anyone in the heel. Still, I was pleased with pushing it all over the 2 parks (which are all paved) and that's about 75 pounds of kids and 25 pound stroller.

WatchingThemGrow
09-28-2011, 06:22 PM
The BJCED if it has a console will keep you WAY more hydrated at Disney because of the gazillion cupholding spots. We had our BJCMD there last time and I was kicking myself for not bringing the Elite. The push with the BOB isn't SO much better than the Elite on flat ground. I actually have both right now and while I like the BOB, the fold is so annoying that I'm going to give it up. It's just awkward to carry/lift compared to the slightly heavier BJCED.