PDA

View Full Version : ugh snow boots

eagle
09-27-2011, 03:27 AM
its time i have to get snow boots for my xw footed son, now nearly two.

i feel so overwhelmed right now and i feel like i dont have anything real to be overwhelmed by. just down and too much crap to do.

and i dont even want to begin looking for boots. tried earlier this summer with some lands end snow boots but they were too narrow. discouraged by that. still have to return those.

i hate living in a rural area. i hate that everything has to be such a trial.

my poor guy. he probably will miss a few days out because mom cant get her act together.

why does everything have to be like this

whine whine whine bitch bitch bitch. i guess i came to the right spot.

toby
10-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Oh no- no one responded which probably made you feel even worse :( I am a week too late and I can't help you with the XW, but I am sending a big hug!!:hug:

MamaKath
10-10-2011, 07:29 PM
I have kids with XW feet too, stuff like boots is a pain!!!

chays
10-10-2011, 08:16 PM
My boys are also XXW...just get the boots a size or two big and it will work.

HIU8
10-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Order Tundra brand boots online. They come in wide sizes. Both my kids have XW feet and that is what they wear (in addition to SR XW boots). If your DS is not yet a toddler size 9, the Target toddler boots run wide and easy to walk in.

eagle
10-12-2011, 01:57 PM
thanks everyone for the support and suggestions! someone kindly suggested zappos and i will look into sr boots. i never went boot shopping after i posted it, i just felt too depressed. i feel a bit more hopeful today and i feel okay about everything. it wont snow for a while longer so we are okay.

i just need to take a big breath.

thank you all again. :love2: :jammin:

AJP
10-14-2011, 09:14 PM
We play the same game over here. The chaos of me dragging all 3 in for my preschoolers to get measured always ends in my rushing to get something and get the heck out before someone is climbing the ceiling fans or breaking stuff. This results in getting home to find they complain the boots are too tight etc. At least with zappos and their free shipping you can try a few sizes at home and send the rest back. I had to order 8 pairs online this past spring that resulted in us keeping 2 pairs.

mousemom
10-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Order Tundra brand boots online. They come in wide sizes. Both my kids have XW feet and that is what they wear (in addition to SR XW boots). If your DS is not yet a toddler size 9, the Target toddler boots run wide and easy to walk in.

Thanks for recommending the Target boots. They are on sale this week and I picked up a pair for my XW footed DS. He seemed pretty happy with them and said they felt comfortable. They are a little low on the sides, but I think they'll be fine for him.