PDA

View Full Version : MB Swift vs. Indie?

Kaylee31
09-27-2011, 03:25 PM
I think I want to sell my Terrain and get a smaller, more newborn friendly, AT stroller; since I don't plan on doing any jogging or serious hiking for a while.
Has anyone ever used the Swift with a carrycot and HH or other riding board?
I know crl did a great comparison of the two a while back, but I'm still not sure. My major concern about the Swift is that it would be harder and more costly to replace a 10" wheel. It also does not have the adjustable footrest, which is a nice feature. I think the Swift would be sturdier and is better quality.
My concerns about the Indie are the build quality. There is an Amazon review from someone who's 2009 frame snapped. I've also read that the rims are cheap, and tend to bend if the tire goes flat.

arivecchi
09-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Swissair81 used her Swift with the bassinet. She can fill you in on that.

roseyloxs
09-28-2011, 03:13 AM
My frame never snapped and I never tried to use the stroller with a flat tire. I can say that bumbleride is fantastic and really stand behind their strollers so I wouldn't worry too much. If you get a lemon they will fix it.

swissair81
09-28-2011, 10:52 AM
I had a flat on my swift, and the bike guy that my bil brought it to in Switzerland (read: not where you'd expect to have to replace a tire) was able to patch it. I have never replaced the tube or the tire. I was very impressed with the service and with the tire that is still running on the same patch.

newg
09-28-2011, 02:45 PM
I have an indie twin and have never felt it was flimsy.......we got a flat tire in Ikea (in the very middle of that gigantic building!) and we had DD1 jump out, so it wasn't as heavy, and DH kinda held up the flat tire side...but we kept pushing all the way out and never had an issue with the rims.

Kaylee31
09-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback.
You can't use the Indie with a board & carrycot at the same time, right? Since the seat doesn't come off, it's just reclined to accomodate the carrycot-- and that doesn't leave room for a board rider?