PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on different buggy boards on my bob!

jacksmoma
09-27-2011, 04:15 PM
So the mutsy board ended up not working on my bob 2011. Great fit and looks, but i kicked that darn big wheel on the board EVERY time i took a step- just horrible! Worst walk with two kids ever.

Now i've got the valco hitchiker (in one day thanks to amazon!) and it ROCKS! i never got why everyone loves it on this board; it really is the best of every board out there. High up and wheels off to the side so you can walk under it. Very solidly made. Not too bad to set up. Here's my thoughts on all the other boards i've had:

Bugaboo- Looks good, easy to clip off but again one center wheel that makes it VERY weird to walk behind it. Must walk to side.

Lascal Maxi- Very universal but lots of plastic and screws that come off. It is also quite a large and wide board.

Valco Hitchiker- My favorite thus far. Small yet wide enough. Very well made. Same concept as the lascal but better parts and more solid and much smaller. Very universal like lascal as well since it fits to the vertical frame of stroller.

Mutsy Step Up- Great looking and no plastic whatsoever! Board is too tiny though. Big wide wheel in the middle makes for horrible walking behind it and not nearly as stable as two wheels on a buggy board. Too bad!

Anyways hope this helps someone! Feel free to pm with questions or post here. Really glad i've got a great stroller (bob revo.) and a great board my almost 4 year old can ride! Took a walk to the store this morn and it was GREAT. Still that famous bob push :)

Nechums
09-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Does it fit nicely on your bob. I remember someone saying here that the hh isn't compatible with bob.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

roseyloxs
09-28-2011, 03:34 AM
So the valco fits the new BOB? We could never get it to fit the old BOB.

fedoragirl
09-28-2011, 04:59 AM
Very useful info. Thanks!

jacksmoma
09-28-2011, 10:49 AM
So the valco fits the new BOB? We could never get it to fit the old BOB.

yes not even sure how- my husband put the connectors on upside down and it works great! tired the board out even more outisde yesterday and it did great. very solid which is most important in a board!

drcarpiodds
09-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Bugaboo- Looks good, easy to clip off but again one center wheel that makes it VERY weird to walk behind it. Must walk to side.

Valco Hitchiker- My favorite thus far. Small yet wide enough. Very well made. Same concept as the lascal but better parts and more solid and much smaller. Very universal like lascal as well since it fits to the vertical frame of stroller.

So the bugaboo works with the bob? Does it also work with a BJCM? Other than the center wheel being in your way, any other cons to the bugaboo board in comparison to the valco hitch hiker?