PDA

View Full Version : Love this Spinach Pie Recipe!

overcome
09-27-2011, 07:08 PM
http://www.relish.com/recipes/spinach-and-cheese-pie/

This is absolutely delicious and so easy to make. It is light and lemony, and looks beautiful! We are having it tonight for dinner, yum!

sweet_pea
09-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Oooo, I'll have to try this later on this week! Thanks for posting.

elbenn
09-27-2011, 08:08 PM
I love, love, love spanokapita. This looks a lot like that!

jerigirl
09-27-2011, 08:22 PM
That looks yuummy! They recently (2 weeks ago???)on the menu subscription had a spinach pie recipe with pine nuts that was just so-so. I will have to try this one.

overcome
09-27-2011, 11:21 PM
If anyone tries it, I'd love to hear your opinion of it. We enjoy it so much!

sweet_pea
10-05-2011, 08:48 PM
I made this a few days ago, and it turned out pretty well. DH even had a second helping. DD wasn't so keen on the spinach, though (but she is very selective about which vegetables she eats). I think I didn't use enough phyllo dough on the top, it tasted like it could use more of a crust. It's definitely something I'll try making again.

citymama
10-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks! I'm going to try it!

overcome
10-07-2011, 11:02 AM
I made this a few days ago, and it turned out pretty well. DH even had a second helping. DD wasn't so keen on the spinach, though (but she is very selective about which vegetables she eats). I think I didn't use enough phyllo dough on the top, it tasted like it could use more of a crust. It's definitely something I'll try making again.

It's def worth another try. It's a very forgiving recipe. You could use more phyllo dough or less. Same w the lemon. My DH requested it for his birthday dinner!

citymama
10-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Has anyone tried making it with fresh spinach? We almost never use frozen veggies (other than green peas), and I've always had a "thing" about frozen spinach in particular. Any suggestions?

baileygirl
10-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks for posting! I made this the other night and really liked it! Kids on the other hands...well they wouldn't touch it. I plan on keeping the recipe and making it for Easter.

abh5e8
10-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Has anyone tried making it with fresh spinach? We almost never use frozen veggies (other than green peas), and I've always had a "thing" about frozen spinach in particular. Any suggestions?

sure...just add fresh spinach to the onions and cook :) it will cook down very quickly, like just 2 or 3 mins. yum!

elbenn
10-26-2011, 10:39 PM
I made a variation of this recipe. I really like the spanakopita at a local restaurant so I searched for a recipe that was similar to this one, but had feta and ricotta which I thought would be more like the restaurant version. It was delicious!