PDA

View Full Version : What would you put in a movie basket? Fundraiser?

hillview
09-28-2011, 10:56 AM
We are doing a basket fundraiser. Each class does a theme. Our theme is movies. What would you put in the basket? We want to raise $400. So far I've got
DVD
Movie ticket (gift certificate)
Micro popcorn
Movie size candy

Other ideas??
TIA
/hillary

vonfirmath
09-28-2011, 11:30 AM
you want someone to pay $400 for this basket? I'd try to find movie posters/stand up icons that a theater doesn't want anymore.

hollybloom24
09-28-2011, 11:34 AM
We did this for our school and every family was given a list of items to contribute, in all price ranges. Each basket was worth about $300, and then we sold raffle tickets.

I'd do movie tickets from several types of theatres - the General Cinema types and then an independent theatre, more like Landmark.

LL Bean used to sell a ceramic bowl that said "popcorn" on it that was very cute. I am sure this is something that others make too.

How about a hot air popcorn popper? They don't cost that much at Target or WalMart.

Different toppings for popcorn (like the different types of salts, cheese toppings, etc.)

At one point I saw some type of movie guide book (like the 1000 best movies of all time) - that might be nice to have.

3D glasses?

Portable DVD player? Regular DVD player? They can be pretty well priced at Best Buy - I bought one for about $50.

I'd do a classic movie DVD for adults and a classic kids' movie.

hillview
09-28-2011, 11:38 AM
We did this for our school and every family was given a list of items to contribute, in all price ranges. Each basket was worth about $300, and then we sold raffle tickets.

I'd do movie tickets from several types of theatres - the General Cinema types and then an independent theatre, more like Landmark.

LL Bean used to sell a ceramic bowl that said "popcorn" on it that was very cute. I am sure this is something that others make too.

How about a hot air popcorn popper? They don't cost that much at Target or WalMart.

Different toppings for popcorn (like the different types of salts, cheese toppings, etc.)

At one point I saw some type of movie guide book (like the 1000 best movies of all time) - that might be nice to have.

3D glasses?

Portable DVD player? Regular DVD player? They can be pretty well priced at Best Buy - I bought one for about $50.

I'd do a classic movie DVD for adults and a classic kids' movie.

That is exactly what they want to do. Thanks SOOOOO much for your ideas!!
/hillary

amldaley
09-28-2011, 11:41 AM
In addition to the great ideas you have already received, what about a gift certificate for a paid Netflix membership? Redbox coupons?

Target also sells those white ceramic popcorn bowls - likely less than LL Bean.

Costco Plus or World Market have all different kinds of popcorn (blue corn, red corn, etc) for very reasonable prices.

baileygirl
09-28-2011, 11:43 AM
The Star Wars blu-ray set just came out and that might be good for the dvd. This might be too off, but acting lessons came to my mind.

erv917
09-28-2011, 11:53 AM
A cozy throw blanket (for family movie nights at home)?
"Movie Theater" size boxes of candy?

hellokitty
09-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Wow, if you get the stuff ppl are suggesting it will be an awesome basket, lol! I also think that if you can find it cheap, get some gourmet popcorn toppings. Those can be fun too. You can also get the plastic popcorn bins for cheap at target dollar spot or dollar tree. My kids love those.

katydid1971
09-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Today zulily has framed movie posters for $27. The only thing is they take about 3 weeks to ship in my experience.
http://www.zulily.com/ (http://www.zulily.com/e/[email protected]&tid=&zsegid=9)

Tondi G
09-28-2011, 12:52 PM
costco has movie tickets for a good price ... AMC and Regal theaters I think.

How about a stovetop popcorn popper pot

http://www.amazon.com/Wabash-Valley-Farms-25008-Whirley-Pop/dp/B00004SU35

popcorn variety and seasonings set

http://www.amazon.com/Gourmet-Popcorn-Seasoning-Gift-Set/dp/B0018S50TE/ref=pd_sbs_gro4

just seasonings

http://www.amazon.com/Wabash-Valley-Farms-Popcorn-Seasonings/dp/B001F51YAE/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1317228398&sr=1-1

Target always has the red and white striped plastic popcorn cups in the dollar spot. I would go with 6 or 8 of them.

hollybloom24
09-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Personally I wouldn't do a movie poster because not everyone wants something like that framed. I would have no where to put it, and what if I didn't like the movie? I'd spend the $ on something that has wider appeal.

The Netflix subscription or Redbox coupons are a great idea - Amazon has some type of membership too.

The Star Wars DVDs are also a great idea! To me, that is both adult and kid classic movie!

Those plastic popcorn bowl things (red and white stripped, look like bags) are really cute. We had those in our movie theme basket too - I forgot about them! I saw them at Target in Mass not that long ago.

This sounds like it will be a great basket!!!

ohiomom1121
09-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Today zulily has framed movie posters for $27. The only thing is they take about 3 weeks to ship in my experience.

I clicked on your link and it's got your email pre filled in there...you may want to change your link.