PDA

View Full Version : Mother's are TOXIC!

HIU8
09-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Especially the ones who are afraid that ppl will find out stuff about their families that they want to keep "secret"--why secret? B/C stuff like this belongs in locked up so no one (including those who would be directly affected by it) will ever find out. My mother has become a "take it to your grave" type of person. I don't get it. It's not 1950 anymore.

Did I mention that this personality trait really ticks me off!!!

hellokitty
09-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Both my mom and mil are like this too, and it's over stupid stuff. I understand how annoying it can be, esp when they're ashamed of something that they shouldn't be ashamed of.

MamaSnoo
09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
This is my SIL. Secret children. I kid you not.

truly scrumptious
09-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Not my mom, but I have family members like this. They will call people and tell them the "secret" and then swear them to secrecy. So they can gossip all they want but everyone else is responsible for keeping their secrets. Or worse still, you suddenly know something that affects someone else, and you're not allowed to talk about it to them (but if you were in their shoes, you'd want to know.)

I've started nipping it in the bud, and I just tell them not to tell me anything unless they're okay with me telling everyone I know about it. I use this line every time they say a sentence starting with,"Don't tell anyone, but..."