PDA

View Full Version : Disney stroller suggestion- almost 2 YO and 6 YO

todzwife
09-28-2011, 11:37 AM
We are surprising the kids with a short Disney trip in March (thanks to free flights, Rewards points etc, it's going to be a cheap trip!)

I was talking w/ DH this morning about it and I don't know which stroller(s) to bring. DH will be in class all day that Friday, so I'll be taking the 3 kids ALONE to Disney that morning. We'll take it slow, see the shows and parades DH hates etc. so I'm not worried about being able to hack it w/out him.

We'll be staying right across the street (5 minute walk). DH thinks we should just bring 1 stroller. My 5 1/2 YO is a lazy whiner, and I'm afraid she'll complain about being tired the whole time. I'm inclined to bring the double so she can ride too, otherwise Z will end up on my back or in a sling for much of that day. While I push the 6 YO around.

I have a BJCM single
BJCM double
Valco Quad
Cybex Topaz

What would you bring for this particular trip?

hellokitty
09-28-2011, 11:58 AM
BJCM double sounds like it would be perfect for you. My 6 yr old is also a whiner, but we are going to bring two macs, since I think he will be ok during the first part of our trip, but may be more tired by the second half.

mecawa
09-28-2011, 12:42 PM
I think in that situation I would say the BJCM double. However my kids were around the same age the first time we went, and we got by with just our Mac Triumph, but on one day we did end up renting a single for the 5 1/2 yr old. because she was being whiney. My DH was with me the whole time, so I pushed the Mac and the one day my oldest was being incooperative he pushed the rental.

hillview
09-28-2011, 12:54 PM
I really like having 2 singles so much easier to navigate Disney with singles also if one kid wants to walk or go ride a scary ride with one of us we can split up.

crl
09-28-2011, 01:03 PM
One adult, three kids, including a whiny 5 1/2 year old and an infant? I'd bring the BJCM double.

Catherine

elektra
09-28-2011, 01:12 PM
BJCM double sounds like it would be perfect for you.

:yeahthat:
Two singles will also work but since you will be there solo one of the days, I would take a double.
We have used both our BOB and two singles at DL, and there are trade offs to both. But my 4yo still definitely wants a seat at times (I expect it at 6 too!), and it's nice to have 2 available spots.
I say bring the BJCMD.

hillview
09-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Oops sorry didn't see that there it was ONE adult. On the double wagon :)

mariza
09-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Definitely the BJCMD double. You can load it with snacks to keep them happy, have a place to contain them and navigate the parks easily. IMO, at the older kids age it's not so much about them not wanting to walk as much as it is about me knowing EXACTLY where they are. So much easier when you can have them sit while you push through the crowds.