PDA

View Full Version : Lego party themed goody bags--HELP

HIU8
09-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Here is what I was thinking of putting in (kids are 5-7 yrs old):

1 lego men (that they make in a contest)
2 lego crayon (probably making those myself)the lego mini packs I ordered from TRU
3 Lego stickers (if I can find any that come in sets of more than 1 sheet)
4 Any "medals/awards" kids earn for all the games (and each child will get at least one (if not more) ribbons/medals.

I do not plan on including any food/candy in the goody bags.

Any other suggestions of what I should put in there?

hellokitty
09-28-2011, 12:30 PM
I got lego stickers @ wm. You can buy or make lefo keychains from ebay.

Meatball Mommie
09-28-2011, 12:54 PM
We did a lego themed party a few years ago. I bought lego necklaces off etsy - they are basically an inexpensive chain with a lego at each end and you clip together to make the clasp. I also bought a lego silicone mold and made chocolates and glycerin soaps. The funny thing is that DS2 thought one of the soaps was a candy and started eating it! Yuck - he learned pretty quickly that it was soap!

I also bought a bulk box of legos off ebay and let each kid make a "creation" to take home.

For the thank you notes, I took a picture of a lego plate with "thank you" written in legos and used that for the outside of the card :)

Fun stuff!

katydid1971
09-28-2011, 12:54 PM
I was also going to say you can find lego stickers at Walmart. I think what you have is great. Not a BOC at all. I think you have enough.

rlu
09-28-2011, 12:59 PM
the lego mini packs I ordered from TRU

depending what you mean by "lego mini pack" I would think that alone would thrill my kid beyond words.

we keep our goody bags simple, last b-day was a hot wheel theme and so each kid got a hot wheel car to take home. I think there was something else in the bag, but the car was the main thing. No one complained (to me any way.)

carolinamama
09-28-2011, 01:53 PM
I think your ideas sound great! I don't think you need anything else unless you just want it. For DS1's birthday a few weeks ago, the only things I had in their bags were a lego pack (fun favor pack ordered off Amazon) and a lollipop. That was it and I had several moms comment positively about it and one copy it!

SnuggleBuggles
09-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Nothing else needed, imo! Are you doing the series 5 mystery packs for the figurine? That alone would be enough.

Beth

alien_host
09-28-2011, 05:51 PM
I think you have enough and it is a great bag.

If you wanted (and if you do the crayon) you could throw in a coloring page that you probably can print off on-line.

*if* you wanted more, you could buy a bulk pack of bricks and put them in a baggie and tie it with a ribbon. I think this would look cool, but it would be a bunch of random bricks (but we love extra bricks).