PDA

View Full Version : Reversible car stroller?

Nechums
09-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Ds2 is growing out of infant seat, so that means no more snap n go. Not ready to use a regular umbrella stroller yet because I'd love for ds2 to be able to see me. any recommendations for a light weight reversible stroller with a big basket? never been a bugaboo person, should I consider the bee? Is there anything that will actually fold with the seat in reverse?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

newg
09-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Bumbleride makes a stroller that is reversable.
http://www.diapers.com/p/Bumbleride-Flyer-Stroller-Lava-17710

and I just read on babygizmo.com that BJ (baby jogger) is coming out with one too.........but I'm not sure how long you'd have to wait for that!

Kaylee31
09-28-2011, 03:02 PM
The BJ Versa isn't supposed to come out until March, and can fold w/the seat in either direction. The UppaBaby Cruz is a lightweight reversible coming out in Oct./Nov., but I think it only folds w/the seat facing forward.
The Bee & the Flyer are the only reversibles out now (that I know of) that can fold either way. The Bee has a big basket and everyone says it has one of the best pushes around. It's pricey, but also has great resale value.
The Flyer is cute, but I have heard a lot of iffy things about the push-- even on the newest models.

Nechums
09-28-2011, 03:11 PM
The BJ Versa isn't supposed to come out until March, and can fold w/the seat in either direction. The UppaBaby Cruz is a lightweight reversible coming out in Oct./Nov., but I think it only folds w/the seat facing forward.
The Bee & the Flyer are the only reversibles out now (that I know of) that can fold either way. The Bee has a big basket and everyone says it has one of the best pushes around. It's pricey, but also has great resale value.
The Flyer is cute, but I have heard a lot of iffy things about the push-- even on the newest models.

Does the Bee minus also fold with the seat in any direction?

Kaylee31
09-28-2011, 03:32 PM

Yes, Magic Beans has a good video comparison of the two models.
http://mbeans.com/spillingthebeans/baby/bugaboo-bee-plus-and-minus/

ahrimie
09-28-2011, 10:24 PM

Yup! I do it all the time now and LOVE it. The first 2 years I owned it, I didn't even know how to reverse it! :P

MamaBear
09-28-2011, 11:40 PM
I *love* my Bee+!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

roseyloxs
09-29-2011, 03:23 AM
The flyer will only fold in forward facing mode but you don't have to change the seat since its a reversible handle so its not so bad. If you have the cash though I would invest in a bee- or bee+.

Nechums
10-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Got the bee +. It's perfect for my needs and I love that it folds with the seat in reverse! Thanks, all, for your help!

poohbear
10-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Got the bee +. It's perfect for my needs and I love that it folds with the seat in reverse! Thanks, all, for your help!

Great choice! You'll love it :)

strollerqueen
10-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Ds2 is growing out of infant seat, so that means no more snap n go. Not ready to use a regular umbrella stroller yet because I'd love for ds2 to be able to see me. any recommendations for a light weight reversible stroller with a big basket? never been a bugaboo person, should I consider the bee? Is there anything that will actually fold with the seat in reverse?

I
used the Pliko Switch. Flat recline umbrella stroller that will fold with the seat either way. The new Pliko Switch 4 is even better! :yay:

legaleagle
10-03-2011, 09:43 PM
How much does the new one weigh?

Budster
10-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Bumbleride makes a stroller that is reversable.
http://www.diapers.com/p/Bumbleride-Flyer-Stroller-Lava-17710

and I just read on babygizmo.com that BJ (baby jogger) is coming out with one too.........but I'm not sure how long you'd have to wait for that!

We have a Flyer, which is great, love the reversible handle feature - so you can switch based on the direction of the sun.

But it's huge, takes up our whole trunk, so we're looking for a more compact reversible. The 2012 BJ Versa looks awesome - reversible City Mini basically. Unfortunately you have to lift out the seat to reverse it, so it's not as nice, so we will probably keep the Bumbleride and buy the Versa for travel - if it comes out fairly soon.

PS The fold on the Flyer is a pain - lock the wheels, fold the seat flat, reverse the handle if reversed, then you basically have to lift the whole thing up to let it fold in half. I have no problem with it but I'm 6'3". My wife doesn't like to do it by herself.

strollerqueen
10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
How much does the new one weigh?
The old one weighed 23 pounds. The new one will weigh less, since you are subtracting wheels. The Bee Plus weighs 21.5 pounds, so it will be right in that range.