PDA

View Full Version : If you had to pick one.....

newg
09-28-2011, 02:40 PM
which Inline stroller (with doubles kit) would you pick.......and why??

* Britax B-Ready
* PT Explorer
* PT Vibe
* PT Verve
* Vista w/rumble seat

if I'm missing one (or more!), please let me know!!

Kaylee31
09-28-2011, 02:51 PM
What about the Vista w/rumbleseat?
I think it would also depend on the ages of the kids too on what would be the best choice. Some of the 2nd seats don't have much of a recline.

legaleagle
09-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Yes, definitely more info needed re age of kids and where she's going to be using it.

newg
09-28-2011, 09:38 PM
I was just wondering what people on the board prefer, in general..........

But my friend has a DS1 that is 3.5 and ~40'' and ~35lbs.....her DS2 is 13 months and ~32'' and ~25lbs.

She will be mostly using it for walks on paved roads at the park and neighborhood ..........so I don't think AT tires are a must.....

WatchingThemGrow
09-28-2011, 09:48 PM
60+ lbs of riders...I think air tires are needed, and I can't imagine a 3.5yo fitting in many of those strollers very easily.

legaleagle
09-28-2011, 09:54 PM
My kids are almost exactly those stats and fit well in the verve. The main seat on the verve (and all the P&Ts) is huge, the second seat is small but my 3 year old loves to sit back there anyway.

roseyloxs
09-29-2011, 03:16 AM
If she is using it outside I would urge her to to get a side by side which is SOOOO much easier to push then any of those tandems. I have a vibe2 which I am using with 38 lb and 28 lb children. Its reportedly one of the best pushes you can get on a tandem and its no where near as easy as my bumbleride indie twin was. Just my 2 cents.

newg
09-29-2011, 08:44 PM
If she is using it outside I would urge her to to get a side by side which is SOOOO much easier to push then any of those tandems. I have a vibe2 which I am using with 38 lb and 28 lb children. Its reportedly one of the best pushes you can get on a tandem and its no where near as easy as my bumbleride indie twin was. Just my 2 cents.

I 100% agree with you!! My indie twin is a dream to push with my two (35lbs and 25lbs), compared to my PT sport, with doubles kit!!

I've let her push both of mine......with the 3.5yr olds in the indie twin and the 1yr olds in the PT.........and she did like the SBS push better......BUT, her 3.5 yr. old is not a stroller guy at all (unlike my girl!).
So, she really likes the idea of the inline....because she'll mostly use it as a single, except for those occasions when her DS1 needs to be in a seat (like when we walk 3+ miles around a lake)...and in that case he'll sit up front and the 1yr. old will sit in the back.

roseyloxs
09-30-2011, 02:30 AM
That makes sense. That's basically why I have the vibe right now instead of an awesome side by side. When #3 becomes a reality though I am back on the side by side train.

hoodlims
09-30-2011, 05:25 PM
I just reviewed my B-Ready (indoor use only, we are testing it out), if you want to read it.

newg
10-03-2011, 09:41 PM
I just reviewed my B-Ready (indoor use only, we are testing it out), if you want to read it.

thanks! just read it!!

roseyloxs
10-04-2011, 04:39 AM
If your friend has a newborn or young infant I would choose the verve. The fold is great for car use. The back seat has a deep one handed recline (i think?). Finally the tires are nicer then the B-ready and its supposed to be skinnier then the vibe (but not by much).

legaleagle
10-04-2011, 10:41 AM
If your friend has a newborn or young infant I would choose the verve. The fold is great for car use. The back seat has a deep one handed recline (i think?). Finally the tires are nicer then the B-ready and its supposed to be skinnier then the vibe (but not by much).

Yes, very deep recline. I would have no problems putting a 3 month old in there, though it's technically rated to 6 months I believe due to strict British requirements (which basically recline a bassinet to meet). The fold is tiny for a double which is why I got it - fits in my Mazda5 easily with one 3rd row seat up.