PDA

View Full Version : Lumpy Vista Wheels

BayGirl2
09-28-2011, 02:48 PM
We had newborn DD out in the Vista bassinet the other day and DH noticed that our rear right wheel had lumps in it. All the way around, about 1 inch diameter and 1/4-1/2 inch deep welts. In between the hard welts the rubber was soft, as if the gel bunched up. So weird, has anyone else had this happen?

The tread on my wheels is not even worn down, we've used it for 2 years, but only on weekends. The ride was very bumpy, and after all the talk of joggers and shaking babies I don't want to use it for DD.

Luckily UppaBaby CS was super helpful and agreed to do a one time out of warranty replacement on the wheels. Totally appreciate that, I did not want to pay for a new set. See picture attached - yeah, I know my wheels are really dirty, stroller cleaning has not been a priority lately. :bag

Kaylee31
09-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Wow, that looks really bad! I'm glad Uppa agreed to replace them (as they should have). What year is your Vista? IIRC, starting in 2010 the wheels were no long hand-made, and are supposed to be more uniformly smooth.

BayGirl2
09-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Its a 2009. Yes, they started using a new type of wheel in 2010, so those are the replacements you can purchase. My front won't match my rear wheels now, the spokes are different. I'm going to see how bad it looks before I pay for a new front set too.

I had heard UppaBaby had good CS so I'm glad they proved that true. It took only a couple hours to get a good response back after I sent them pics. Totally appreciative of that, since I'm out of warranty and they really didn't have to do anything.