PDA

View Full Version : MB Duo--used--a good buy?

fedoragirl
09-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Someone put up their used 2007 MB Duo for a great price. I was wondering if more experienced mamas can chime in and let me know if this is a good deal or not.
Thanks!

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-detailansicht.html?adId=35039853

arivecchi
09-28-2011, 04:39 PM
That is not a Duo. It is an older mountain buggy terrain double. It has front fixed wheels.

Multimama
09-28-2011, 04:42 PM
That is not a Duo. It is an older mountain buggy terrain double. It has front fixed wheels.

:yeahthat:

I interpret A's comment to mean: Nope, not a good buy. :)

arivecchi
09-28-2011, 05:21 PM
It looks well maintained, but I don't know whether fixed wheels are a deal-breaker for OP. It would be ok for walks but not for shopping or walking around town. :)

Multimama
09-28-2011, 05:29 PM
It looks well maintained, but I don't know whether fixed wheels are a deal-breaker for OP. It would be ok for walks but not for shopping or walking around town. :)

Well, I don't know where the OP is living, but I know she's living in Europe so I was thinking a fixed wheel would be a dealbreaker for me there since you really need maneuverability.

roseyloxs
09-29-2011, 03:07 AM
Well, I don't know where the OP is living, but I know she's living in Europe so I was thinking a fixed wheel would be a dealbreaker for me there since you really need maneuverability.

and yet half the strollers I see are fixed wheel. Its so strange because I agree that I think maneuverability is more important.

berlinsoul
09-29-2011, 03:35 AM
and yet half the strollers I see are fixed wheel. Its so strange

:yeahthat: I don't get it either!! why are they still so popular? wonder how people manage everything.

in my neighbourhood there is one family with triplets pushing a huge mountain buggy for three with FIXED wheels.... but they seem fine ;)
(but I guess if you have triplets you reach another state of tolerance in every aspect of life whatsoever... so a fixed wheel might be the less important thing you worry about..)

anyway, @fedoragirl if you can afford it, I would wait for a MB duo to show up. I think it's worth the extra € :).

berlinsoul
09-29-2011, 03:59 AM
Ok, I just saw that this offer includes all the accessoires and the twin-bassinet.
in that case it is a very good offer for this price indeed...

berlinsoul
09-29-2011, 04:01 AM
Sorry, just one last comment:
It has no adjustable handlebar, which would be a dealbreaker for me. So, I would try it out in person and see if the height does suit you..
Good luck!!

fedoragirl
09-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Thanks for the prompt advice. We definitely need an adjustable handlebar. I am not so sure about a fixed wheel which would mean hauling the stroller halfway just to get it to turn. I am glad I didn't bid for it.