PDA

View Full Version : Is the MB Duet and P&T Explorer redundant?

ahrimie
09-28-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm in stroller hell. A place where you drive yourself crazy thinking and lusting after every.stroller.on.the.market. Currently have the Explorer but because I have a newborn/infant (3 months), I have to use the doubles kit in the front. It's just really annoying to take the seat on and off each time I need to get her in or out. But otherwise, I like the stroller. My tall 3 yr old can sit in it just fine, either seat. It's just my little DD that is limited to where she can sit.

I need to see if I can find a Duet locally... I think only *one* store **might** have it.

But even so, do I sell the Explorer if I love the Duet? Or keep both??

TIA!

Kaylee31
09-28-2011, 11:37 PM
I would see how your oldest fits into the Duet first. The Explorer may be annoying now, but in a few months when your DD2 can sit up, you will have more seating options. I wouldn't say they are redundant, even though they're both AT and about the same width. The Explorer has the ability to be a single when needed and a smaller fold for the car. I don't think they are the best combo though.
For some reason, I think the Explorer and a BJCMD would be a good combo, or Duet & a lightweight single w/a board.
Does your oldest ride a lot? Where do you usually use your strollers?

ahrimie
09-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Well, my DD can fit just fine in the Donkey and those measurements are pretty similar I think. She's 31-33 lbs depending on how much she ate, lol, and 40ish inches.

We are mallrats :bag in the long Michigan winters, there aren't many places to go to. We have zoo passes. And I'm sure we'll do the cider mill but I don't think I'd need a double for that, just a single.

I tried a board with our Bugaboos and while DD thought it was fun, she wanted a seat more than just a ride. Like, she wanted to sit down to eat her snack or play with DH's phone. For trips to the grocery store or Target, I just use a carrier or a stroller for DD2. It's mostly the mall... I don't really like the BJCMD bc of the push but I do think it's a great car stroller.

It's the Duet's width that gets me. Is the City Mini Double really 29"? The Duallie is too... but going through doors, I have to really watch both sides.

Kaylee31
09-28-2011, 11:58 PM
The BOB is definitely more than 29", it's over 30" I believe.
Ok, just googled them: BOB says the Duallie is 30.5"; BJCMD is 28.75", Explorer is 24.4", Duet is 25".
Maybe you should sell the BOB and get the Duet? Sounds like it would get more use right now.

ahrimie
09-29-2011, 12:01 AM
The BOB is definitely more than 29", it's over 30" I believe.
Ok, just googled them: BOB says the Duallie is 30.5"; BJCMD is 28.75", Explorer is 24.4", Duet is 25".
Maybe you should sell the BOB and get the Duet? Sounds like it would get more use right now.

So that's why I was wondering if the Explorer and Duet are too similar. Then, I would sell the BOB and Explorer..

hoodlims
09-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Ok, I have to ask, how many strollers do you have now and what are they?!

Kaylee31
09-29-2011, 12:47 AM
So that's why I was wondering if the Explorer and Duet are too similar. Then, I would sell the BOB and Explorer..

That's what I would do. :)

ahrimie
09-29-2011, 06:05 AM
Ok, I have to ask, how many strollers do you have now and what are they?!

I'm so embarrassed...
Bugaboo Cameleon, Bee-, Uppababy G Luxe, BOB Duallie, P&T Explorer

I know I need to sell something... but I have reasons for keeping each one. I even chickened out at the last minute with the Dualllie. I had a few offers from CL and then I just took it down.

tribe pride
09-29-2011, 08:57 AM
I love my Explorer, but I'm getting ready to sell it because we've had repeated problems with the wheels, and I'm tired of dealing with it. But if you love yours and really want to keep it, then I think you should hold onto it for a few more months- once your infant can sit up, it will become a lot more versatile for you and easier to use.

If you decide to sell the P&T, I'd personally probably sell it along with the Cam, and the G-luxe, and use that $ to fund the Duet. I think the Duet (all around versatile stroller good for mall,), Bee (good car stroller, parent-facing, can take a board), and Duallie (great for outdoor use, excellent push particularly since your DD is getting older) would be a really good combo. Later on, when you don't want a reversible stroller, I'd sell the Bee and get an umbrella or something similar.

Just my 2 cents!

hoodlims
09-29-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm so embarrassed...
Bugaboo Cameleon, Bee-, Uppababy G Luxe, BOB Duallie, P&T Explorer

I know I need to sell something... but I have reasons for keeping each one. I even chickened out at the last minute with the Dualllie. I had a few offers from CL and then I just took it down.

Ok, so not too much more than you did about a month ago. :-P I thought you got a Donkey too!

ahrimie
09-29-2011, 11:42 AM
I thought you got a Donkey too!

No no. I tried it out a few times but didn't like, never bought. I bought the B Ready but returned it and only used inside the house.

I'm gonna go see the Duet in a few weekends and see if it pulls on my heartstrings :)