PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Avio in Navy or Black?

heppygirl
09-29-2011, 04:35 AM
I'm getting the Avio as a gift from my Italian relatives. Those who have been following know that they have their strong opinions. When I said I wanted black, I was met with (in Italian) "What?! We are not the Addams Family! We love the blue." So there you have it.

Those of you with Italian relatives know it's futile to argue...unless you all really think I should. But it is after all, a very generous gift, so maybe I should learn to love blue? It is kinda pretty, though I'd never have picked it myself.

Opinions between the two? I've never had a stroller or a baby, so I'm wondering if black seems chic to me now, but perhaps colors are better for babies?

http://images.babyage.com/icons/localhost/products/large/inglesina-inglesina-avio-stroller-and-carrycot-avio-navy.jpg

or

http://images.babyage.com/icons/localhost/products/large/inglesina-inglesina-avio-stroller-and-carrycot-avio-black.jpg

citymama
09-29-2011, 04:42 AM
I actually much prefer the blue!

I have the Inglesina Zippy in dark navy and red, and really like it a lot more than a black option. The color black is pretty somber for babies!

roseyloxs
09-29-2011, 05:00 AM
I think the navy is gorgeous! Enjoy it and come back with pictures, please :loveeyes:

arivecchi
09-29-2011, 06:52 AM
I think the navy is gorgeous! Enjoy it and come back with pictures, please :loveeyes:

:yeahthat:

berlinsoul
09-29-2011, 08:03 AM
:yeahthat:
I do like the navy, too. It's a pretty navy.
You can always lighten it up with a maclaren liner.

legaleagle
09-29-2011, 08:15 AM
If you're going for blue, why not the gorgeous turquoise? If not, I think the navy is very pretty. You can see pics of it in Strollerqueen's avio review.

Reina
09-29-2011, 08:18 AM
That stroller in navy is GORGEOUS! I saw quite a few of these Avios in Europe this past summer and drooled! (I have an 09 Zippy in Papavero. And I'm a huge Inglesina fan.)

For the record: I "suffer" from Eastern European relatives from my father's side. You can argue all you want. But you'll never win. Especially with the older women of the family! LOL

spannaz
09-29-2011, 09:44 AM
That blue is beautiful, and I'm not really a navy person either. Actually that blue look more like dark teal to me. That's probably why I like it so much! Although maybe IRL it is more navy :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heppygirl
09-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Thank you all! You sold me on the blue.

Do the Maclaren liners really fit the Avio?

If so, that opens up a whole new world of fun and indecision! Woohoo!

Thanks everyone. I love this forum. I get to ask the questions my friends would think I'm crazy for...

berlinsoul
09-29-2011, 01:55 PM
I love this forum. I get to ask the questions my friends would think I'm crazy for...
:yeahthat::ROTFLMAO:

BayGirl2
09-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Normally I would always pick black, I don't love Navy as a color. But that Navy is a nice shade IMO. So this is one of those battles I'd choose not to fight. Maybe now that they've bought you a bassinet stroller in their color choice they will hold off on other unwelcome baby advice?