PDA

View Full Version : Should I ditch my Chicco Cort. for a BJCM?

tofubeast
09-29-2011, 10:46 AM
My daughter is almost 1 years old. I am considering selling my Chicco Cortina and buying a BJ City Mini, or keeping the Chicco and buyin a City Micro (still avail on Amazon) as the umbrella stroller.

While the Cortina is good, I live in FL and am not too happy about the sunshade. It is also a little heavy. Since we no longer use the infant carrier and DD is older, I am thinking about getting an umbrella to have a lighter stroller or to ditch the Chicco entirely.

If we were to ditch, how is the BJCM with toddlers? My daughter does like to sit fairly upright. Does the BJCM sit further back than the Chicco? Does anyone know when the 2012 models of the BJCM come out?

What would you guys do? Any feedback would be great! Thanks. :thumbsup:

lorinick
09-29-2011, 08:33 PM
I would get the mini over the Cortina. I wouldn't even look back. I have the Mini and still use it for my 4 year old. The Micro really lacks the canopy you get with the mini. Also take a look at britax B-Agile. Looks just like the Mini. Check them both out.

BabyBearsMom
09-29-2011, 08:45 PM
I replaced the Cortina with the BJCM when DD was 6 mo. I really like the BJCM but DD is only meh on it because the seat is so reclined. She prefers to ride in the Mac Volo we bought for travel. If your DD likes to be upright I'd go for a Mac instead.

crl
09-29-2011, 09:02 PM
I'd also take a look at the Cybex Onyx. Big, very adjustable canopy, about the same weight as the BJCM and I think it probably sits more upright. (Lousy basket though as is typical of umbrellas)

Catherine

rileysmom
09-29-2011, 10:38 PM
YES!!!! That's what I did and I really really liked my BJCM. You should also check out the uppababy g-luxe stroller. It's lighter and has a lot of great features and a great push too. I think that's what I would do differently if I could go back and do it again.

caseytee
09-29-2011, 10:40 PM
My DD just turned one also and I got the B-agile about two weeks ago. She prefers to be very upright and I tried her in both BJCM and b-agile. she has been happy in the b-agile on several outings so far :).
Karen

tofubeast
09-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks everyone. I was just watching the Gizmo review on the B-Agile. I also like the price currently on Amazon. If this one sits a little more upright than the BJCM, we might have a winner here!

Now here's hoping my chicco set sells on CL. hahah.

Will def. check out some of the other recs on here as well. I appreciate all your feedback.

mecawa
09-30-2011, 07:52 AM
I replaced the Cortina with the BJCM when DD was 6 mo. I really like the BJCM but DD is only meh on it because the seat is so reclined. She prefers to ride in the Mac Volo we bought for travel. If your DD likes to be upright I'd go for a Mac instead.

:yeahthat:

We bought a BJCM for DD2 and she was never crazy about it, I think because of the recline on it. She preferred the Mac. So if your DD likes to be upright I wouldn't get the BJCM.