PDA

View Full Version : Jill McDonald Designs/Just Born/Cuddletime

psimpson3-5
09-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Hello I'm new here! I'm a FTM and currently 13 wks+4 days! I read the Baby Bargains book cover to cover as I know nothing about what the best products are for my baby. I want to start thinking about the baby's room: furniture, bedding, decorations, etc. I have fallen in love with this bedding at Babies R Us. The maker is listed as Jill McDonald/Triboro Quilt Manufacturing Company. I looked up the company on the internet and have found that they also produce the lines Just Born and Cuddletime. Unfortunately none of these company names can be found in the Baby Bargains book. I was hoping maybe someone here is familiar with any of these lines and could provide some insight. Thanks in advance!

Raewyn
10-01-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't remember seeing them at BRU although I stayed away from their bedding section. So much of it was cute, but I opted not to buy a sheet set. Instead, I bought four solid color sheets and used them to compliment the jungle theme in the room.

We had a dresser, and I bought the basic Graco crib recommended in the book. Closest Ikea to me is over 2 hours away!

I also bought my rocker and ottoman from a furniture store. DH is 6'1, and he wanted a chair he was comfortable in too. It was bit more expensive, but really nice quality with solid wood, thick cushions and a high back. At 38 weeks pregnant, it is one of my favorite chairs. It was $600, and I think you can get the rocker and ottoman for $400 at BRU.

I did not use bumpers, quilt, diaper stacker etc. Money I saved on that went to the rocker.

psimpson3-5
10-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks for your response! I appreciate the info.