PDA

View Full Version : Creative Mamas, help me please

DietCokeLover
09-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Somehow, I have gotten myself volunteered to have the preschool class at DC's school create a piece of art to be framed and sold at their fundraiser/ auction in a few months. I have no idea what to have them do. There are 10 3 and 4 year olds in the class.

What can I do with them? I'm open to any and all suggestions.

ohiomom1121
09-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Hmmm...the first thing that came to mind was some kind of Eric Carle inspired piece. Give them all little squares of bright colored tissue paper and some glue and see what they come up with!

Or you could direct them to make something like a rainbow with the tissue squares.

nfowife
09-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Our school did this last year. Kindergarten did the school name and mascot , such as "Tamarac Tigers" using pictures of the kids spelling out the letters with their bodies. Since you only have 10 you can repeat kids to get the school name. We were instructed to send the kids to school in jeans that day and they bought a bunch of plain t-shirts for the kids to wear for the pictures.

You could also spell out the name and the year "Tamarac 2011" or whatever. It came out really cute- after the pics were taken they were photoshopped onto one large image together. Hope that makes sense.

hellokitty
09-29-2011, 11:06 PM
How about a collage of the kids' handprints?

MamaInMarch
09-30-2011, 02:44 AM
I was thinking the same thing about handprints. But the PP's suggestion about the kids spelling something out makes me think a combo of the 2 would be super cute. Like the pic would be of the kids spelling out something then mat it with all of their handprints on the mat.

DietCokeLover
09-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Bumping for additional ideas. Examples with pictures would be awesome!

misshollygolightly
09-30-2011, 03:04 PM
My aunt has an awesome mosaic garden bench she bought at her kids' school fundraiser auction. Basically, they took ceramic tiles and had each kid in the class decorate a tile (w/ a handprint? paint?), then grouted (? cemented?) the tiles onto the top of the cement garden bench. It is awesome! Sounds a bit complicated, but here's a site I found with some similar fundraiser artsy projects involving ceramic tiles decorated by the kids and then assembled into wall art, table tops, etc.:http://www.fundraisingmom.com/class-projects-for-fundraising-auction.htm

Dunno how hard these are to do, but I think they're very cool looking!