PDA

View Full Version : How to dress of cold weather and rain (running)

hellokitty
09-30-2011, 08:01 AM
OK, so I'm registered to run my 3rd 5K tomorrow morning. It is going to be mid-40's and probably raining,so far I've only run summer 5Ks, so the cold and rain haven't been an issue. Can those of you who have been through this, give me tips on which types of clothing I should wear? What is really going to suck is that I wear glasses (I cannot wear contacts), so I'll wear my running visor for sure to try to keep the rain out of my face, but otherwise, I will be stuck probably having to attempt to wipe off my glasses throughout the race.

SnuggleBuggles
09-30-2011, 08:03 AM
I get hot when I run so 40+ degrees I often wear shorts. On top I'd wear a wicking tank and a light weight rain jacket in that kind of weather. A hat is a good idea.

Beth

LarsMal
09-30-2011, 04:34 PM
I have discovered that I love running in the cold! I just signed up for a 15k on December 3rd and I'm so excited about the cold weather!

I haven't had too many cold mornings yet, but I have worn my running tights or capris and I layer an Under Armour t-shirt with a long sleeve UA shirt over it. I also got a running hat, which is so much better than a regular baseball cap. I haven't really run in hard rain yet, so I don't have any advice there (I usually get on the treadmill when it's raining). The hat has been fine in drizzle.

Have fun at the race!

hellokitty
09-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks guys. I am going to have to go through my wardrobe tonight to see what will work out. I can deal with cold, I just hope it isn't raining too. Today we had windy, drizzly type of rain, the kind that would really suck to run in. I hope it won't be like that.