PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth a trip to Gymboree outlet?

tofubeast
09-30-2011, 09:17 AM
I haven't been to the Gymboree outlet. Just wondering how it compares to the bigger sales held the regular Gymboree stores. Does the outlet have awesome sales as well? Do they have their own coupon lists that you can get on? (I know you can't use regular Gymboree coupons at their outlet stores.)

Thanks in advance!

Snow mom
09-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Honestly, I can usually get better deals at the regular stores. Also, you know that the outlets sell made for outlet versions of the clothes (so usually the lines from the year before but these are NOT left overs). The quality is generally a bit lower than the retail store and the deals are not that much better than paying full price minus a coupon at the retail.

mariza
09-30-2011, 09:35 AM
ITA, I always end up leaving a Gymbo outlet empty handed and annoyed. I do much better at the regular stores with a coupon. I totally cleaned up at the back to school sale with a 20% coupon last month. I skipped the COF friends because I paid less with the back to school sale. And I earned Gymbucks which I used to get some sweaters for DD and socks and winter hat for DS. I LOVE Gymboree during a sale. I would go to the outlet if I was already outlet shopping, but would not make a special trip for the Gymboree outlet. (boy am I long winded today!)

MamaInMarch
09-30-2011, 09:36 AM
I have yet to be impressed at a Gymbo outlet. I think the prices stink compared to hitting a good sale and I am not a fan of the redone lines from previous years. If I were already somewhere that had one, of course I'd walk through but I have yet to buy one piece from there and have been to the outlet close to home a zillion times. I definitely would not make a special trip.

Izzy&Bella
09-30-2011, 09:50 AM
I live near 2, and don't like them. The quality isn't as nice, and the prices aren't great.

momof2girls
09-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Agree with the other posters...deals are not great at all. I do much better at sales at the regular stores. The only think I use the outlet for is to replace pieces of older outfits handed down from DD#1 to DD#2 as they are usually a yr or 2 behind the lines at the regular stores. Also, the quality to different, much thinner material often.

Mommy2Abby
09-30-2011, 10:03 AM
I totally agree with the PPs. Definitely not worth it - in terms or price or quality. I can do much better with the sales at the regular Gymboree stores - and the fact that there are so many regular stores, if one store doesn't have a size in one piece, a nearby store is bound to have it.... versus not as many outlets for comparisons either.

Not worth it in my opinion.

LMPC
09-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Again, I completely agree with the PPs! Skip it!

MissyL11
09-30-2011, 11:15 AM
I agree too. I usually skip the outlet when I am at the outlet mall. The sale store prices are much better..

tofubeast
09-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks everyone. What a bummer!! Oh well, you saved me a trip!

dukie41181
10-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Honestly, I can usually get better deals at the regular stores. Also, you know that the outlets sell made for outlet versions of the clothes (so usually the lines from the year before but these are NOT left overs). The quality is generally a bit lower than the retail store and the deals are not that much better than paying full price minus a coupon at the retail.

:yeahthat:

pahahn
10-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I have been lucky a few times there - just hit it on the right day and they have the sizes I need...hit the mother load at the end of summer there! Got my son's summer wardrobe there for next summer for pennies! Lots of stuff as low as $3.99!

Other times I am disappointed but I love the thrill of the hunt :)

mommylamb
10-01-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm starting to feel that outlets in general are a rip off and that you can get a better deal on line or even in regular stores. I hate that I feel like I've driven so far that I don't want to go home empty handed and end up buying stuff that I know isn't really a great deal. Gymbo specifically might be ok for girls and babies, but the amount of stuff for older boys was really paltry last time I went.

ssand23
10-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Not worth the trip. I did find a pair of swim shorts in June from last year that I loved (though I saw better prices on brand new ones on Ebay) but the blanket I bought for my little guy was the worst quality blankie he owns.
We live close to a few outlets & I don't even bother checking the Gymboree one anymore. I wasn't impressed with the prices & the quality is different (and stinks).

LarsMal
10-01-2011, 04:35 PM
I guess I'll be odd man out! I've had great luck at the Gymbo outlet. I actually do more shopping for my kids there than in the regular store. Maybe it's because I live so close and I go to the outlets A LOT that I stumble upon more sales. I got a ton of cute stuff for super cheap at the BTS sale. Last year we got their Thanksgiving and Christmas outfits/dresses for great prices, too. Plus, it wasn't the same inventory as the regular store, so I felt like they were wearing something a little different. In general, I don't do a lot of Gymbo shopping, but I have gotten some good deals at the outlet. I guess, overall, I've found better deals at the regular store. I wouldn't make a special trip for it, but if you happen to be at the outlet mall, it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

scrooks
10-01-2011, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't make a special trip but i would check it out if you are there.

The one thing I like is the outlet is usually a year behind the regular store and i tend to shop a year ahead so I can get additional pieces to lines my dc are wearing even if the arent in the regular store. Like others I have gotten great deals with coupons in the regular store.

tofubeast
10-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Actually ended up going to the outlets today. I so agree with most of you who gave the Gymboree outlets thumbs down. I was disappointed, but not surprised per your responses.

I will say, I had great luck at the Children's Place outlet. Scored a bathing suit for my daughter NEXT year at $1.99!

AJP
10-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't make a special trip but i would check it out if you are there.

The one thing I like is the outlet is usually a year behind the regular store and i tend to shop a year ahead so I can get additional pieces to lines my dc are wearing even if the arent in the regular store. Like others I have gotten great deals with coupons in the regular store.

:yeahthat:

Just recently the retail store had their baby sale and pj's were like $10. With the 20%off coupon they were a steal. The outlet had them at $15 for baby sale and you couldn't use the coupon there. I have had luck with end of season stuff marked down real low, but quality isn't great. I do like the outlet for picking up a few pieces to finish off a line if I bought ahead.