PDA

View Full Version : Keep Bob Duallie or Get BJCED?

carolinamama
09-30-2011, 10:00 AM
We have a Bob Revo Duallie that sits in our garage unfolded. I haven't used it much but will start using it alot more for walking DS1 to and from school now that the weather is getting cooler and DD is better about riding in strollers and getting old enough to ride in the Bob. But I don't have a car double. I don't need one often but it would be nice for outings and the occasional need. I don't take the Bob in the car because of the fold. So I was thinking that if I sold the Bob and bought a BJCED, the ease of fold to throw in the car would make up for the extra weight and push. I did own a BJCC that I really loved so I understand BJ strollers and their limitations. I also have a Vista that could take a rumble seat but DS2 is over the 33 lb weight limit and I don't want to mess up that stroller since I like it as a single for DD.

WTG, I'm hoping you weigh in here because I think you have a similar situation with 3 kids, walking to school, an Ody, and experience with the stroller.

Thanks for yet more help deciding what strollers I need (or want ;))

legaleagle
09-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Isn't the BJCED like 45 lbs? I have trouble imaging any stroller that weighs that much functioning as a car double!

WatchingThemGrow
09-30-2011, 02:10 PM
I've been using it as a car double for....3.5 years. It's not that bad, and the features outweigh the weight!

cm, you are more than welcome to borrow/trade for a week or so and see how my BJCED functions IRL in your scenario! I've got a friend's BOB on loan right now (need to give it back) and my Burley to use as well. Oh, and my triple if I'm really strong... oh, and the BJCMD if I'm totally desperate, lol.

PM me and I can meet you somewhere in the middle. (And you better bring that baby girl with you. :love5:)

drcarpiodds
09-30-2011, 03:47 PM
And find a lightweight double (I prefer tandem for shopping, tight spaces) or a single with a buggy board for the car.

I had both the BOB and BJCED... when the boys got bigger, as much as I loved the plush seats and sturdiness of the BJCED, the push got much harder, at which point, I tried the BOB and with the shocks that can be adjusted and the BOB push, it feels so much better than the BJCED did with more weight.

wellyes
09-30-2011, 04:51 PM
If money's tight I think it's a good plan. If you can swing it, I think having 2 doubles is ideal. I love having one always waiting in the car and one that's perfect for neighborhood walks. BJCED would be OK at both but not great at either.

jacksmoma
09-30-2011, 06:28 PM
keep the bob. the bjced is 48lbs and not easy to lift- i had one about 2 years ago. The bob is bigger but pushes about a million times better!