PDA

View Full Version : Fireman Costume Help

septmama2b
09-30-2011, 02:04 PM
I am looking for a fireman costume for my son in 4T. I'd prefer to get something that can be worn more then Halloween night. I think he'd like to play dress up in it throughout the year. Any recommendations on where to look? The one's at the costume shop look really cheap like they would not last for more then Halloween.

infocrazy
09-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Costco had a really cute one last year that I tried to talk DS2 into, but alas, Spider man won. I am pretty sure I saw one this year too.

Gena
09-30-2011, 02:28 PM
DH is a volunteer firefighter, so a couple of years ago when DS wanted to he a fireman for Halloween, we bought this set:

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/category.cfm/cid_88_kids_gear/?leftnav=1

We got the tan one because it looks just like DH's turnout gear.

We were very happy with the quality of this set.

ahisma
09-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Costco does have a really cute one this year. It looks like it would hold up very well. I think it's $25-ish, give or take.

jhamman
09-30-2011, 02:30 PM
The Aeromax brand costumes are not cheap, but the costumes we've
bought from them have held up really well (we've had the Aeromax fireman
and astronaut costumes).

http://www.amazon.com/Aeromax-Fire-Fighter-Suit-Helmet/dp/B000BN8Y2W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317407273&sr=8-2

ThreeofUs
09-30-2011, 02:35 PM
We have the areomax, too, and let me tell you it compares well to a *real* fire suit. It's lasted us ... 4 years and two boys who are really tough on costumes. And they've both worn it to the fire house and the firefighters LOVE it. :)

Nu_mama
09-30-2011, 03:35 PM
The fireman suit linked above is identical to the one at Costco I am pretty sure and it is selling there for 22.99. It looks awesome in person and they also have a black version.

septmama2b
09-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks, that is exactly the feedback I was looking for. I'll have to send my mom and email to check out the one at Costco, we don't have a membership.

I have two boys 1 and 3 so I imagine this will get a lot of use.

Babymakes3
09-30-2011, 08:46 PM
We have the tan aeromax costume too and DS loves it so much he occasionally wears it around the house, he also wore it for halloween last year and he wants to wear it again this year! It really does look just like a real fireman suit, even the hat was nice, not chintzy at all!
Oh and bc the pics don't show this...the pants part is actually overalls and then the jacket zips and latches.

My background on my computer is of DS in his fireman getup holding his firetruck, so cute!

WatchingThemGrow
09-30-2011, 09:22 PM
the Melissa and Doug Fireman costume from AC Moore is awesome. Great accessories. My kids love it so much.

Nu_mama
10-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Just have to update to say that I purchased the fireman costume at costco today and I am beyond impressed! My son is wearing it right now, playing with a firetruck, complete with making all the sound effects. It is sooo well made, metal (brass-like) closures, overalls with red straps, and full detailing with canvas patches and reflective strips. Awesome, I give it two thumbs up!