PDA

View Full Version : I have strep throat

happy2bamom
09-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Oh my goodness, I am in PAIN !! I've never had strep throat before. I went to the doctor today b/c of the pain and blood in my throat. I've taken one round of penicillin but I still feel absolutely horrible. I mean, I'm not getting any relief from Tylenol or cold drinks. When will I start to feel better? Of course, we are supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning for a fun weekend trip. ugghh...

missliss55
09-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Advil and lots of it helped me a lot. You will start to feel better after you have been on antibiotics for 24 hrs. After 48 hrs. you will feel like a new woman. Hoping you feel better soon.

ThreeofUs
09-30-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm so sorry. Hope you feel better soon.

plusbellelavie
09-30-2011, 07:47 PM
I am so sorry! I hate it when I have Strep Throat it is so painful!....Advil helps me too and so does fluid. I agree within 24hrs you should being feeling better wit the antibiotics and back to yourself within 48!

BL...hope you are able to enjoy some of your fun weekend!

happymomma
09-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Strep throat sucks! I had it 3 xs from January - April this year. Each time it took a couple of days to feel better. So sorry that you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon..

pb&j
09-30-2011, 09:55 PM
I had it twice winter before last.

The second time I had it, I had to go to the ER in a blizzard because I had such a high fever and was in so much pain. The ER doc mercifully gave me vicodin - nothing OTC could touch the pain. I was feeling better after about 24 hrs on abx, but it was several days before I was really myself again.

I hope you are feeling well enough to enjoy your weekend!

happy2bamom
10-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Well I must have super strep b/c it's day 4 and I'm still in pain. I"m headed back to the doctor today. This stinks !!!

SnuggleBuggles
10-03-2011, 10:25 AM
I hope they can get you better meds! I can't imagine having it for so long and no improvement. That's one of those illnesses that I will go to a clinic on a weekend if it means meds and recovery sooner...it's so miserable. Feel better!!!

Beth

happy2bamom
10-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks. Turns out I have an abscess on my tonsil. Hopefully the shot I got today will take care of it. Otherwise, well.... I don't even want to talk about the alternative.

pb&j
10-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks. Turns out I have an abscess on my tonsil. Hopefully the shot I got today will take care of it. Otherwise, well.... I don't even want to talk about the alternative.

Oh yeah, I had an abscess w/one of my bouts of strep! Super gross TMI alert:

The abscess sloughed off all at once, and literally the MOMENT it came off, I felt one trillion times better. It was truly bizarre. I went from feeling near death, to feeling pretty damn perky in under a minute.

ETA: I hope you are feeling like yourself again soon!!

WatchingThemGrow
10-03-2011, 10:09 PM
The abscess sloughed off all at once, and literally the MOMENT it came off, I felt one trillion times better. It was truly bizarre. I went from feeling near death, to feeling pretty damn perky in under a minute.

whoa. that's crazy. (currently battling something in my throat that's making me really, really uncomfortable.) Sorry you're in pain still, OP. Hope it clears up soon.

DrSally
10-03-2011, 10:11 PM
So sorry, I hope you feel better soon!