PDA

View Full Version : Sell BJCMD/BJCM single and get a phil and ted's explorer?

todzwife
10-01-2011, 10:37 AM
DH LOVES the way the black/apple explorer looks and wants me to sell off my baby joggers to fund one (and clear some space in the garage). I still would have the Valco Quad I Just got an a cybex topaz.

Would this be a good combo for a (lazy, stroller loving)5 YO and 1 YO.

Kaylee31
10-01-2011, 01:22 PM
I think it's a good idea in theory, but I have no experience with the P&Ts.
Not to influence you, but Hip Baby Gear has the apple Explorer w/the 2nd seat for $479, which is even cheaper than the Zulily deal.
http://www.hipbabygear.com/phil_and_teds_strollers.html

todzwife
10-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I think it's a good idea in theory, but I have no experience with the P&Ts.
Not to influence you, but Hip Baby Gear has the apple Explorer w/the 2nd seat for $479, which is even cheaper than the Zulily deal.
http://www.hipbabygear.com/phil_and_teds_strollers.html

Awww crap. DH just bought one from Zulily :( Thanks though!

abh5e8
10-02-2011, 05:52 PM
i think you will like it...we love love love our P&T...i think its easier to push then the bjcmd and has better storage access.

scriptkitten
10-02-2011, 06:37 PM
yes. i've had a P&T and a BJCMD and i LOVED my P&T and didn't care for the bjcmd

todzwife
10-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Well I am having second thoughts LOL! I actually LOVE my BJCMD. The only problem is the push is getting harder because my DD1 is about 42-43 pounds.

There are a few problems I have with the P&T.

1. NO basket storage when in doubles mode.
2. Second seat doesn't recline.
3. 45 pound weight "limit" on the first seat.

This would be my primary walking stroller, but how would it do at Disneyland, or the zoo? If we're gone all day, chances are, Zoey would need a nap and the second seat doesn't recline. Can she still sleep in it, because if she can't and I have to put her in the front seat, my big girl will have no choice but to walk (which would be fine, but she's kind of a whiney complainer).

Which makes me think maybe the explorer WOULDN'T be my best bet?

satchnbucky
10-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Well I am having second thoughts LOL! I actually LOVE my BJCMD. The only problem is the push is getting harder because my DD1 is about 42-43 pounds.

This would be my primary walking stroller, but how would it do at Disneyland, or the zoo? If we're gone all day, chances are, Zoey would need a nap and the second seat doesn't recline. Can she still sleep in it, because if she can't and I have to put her in the front seat, my big girl will have no choice but to walk (which would be fine, but she's kind of a whiney complainer).

I don't know much about the p&ts - my sister has one (I can't remember which) that she really likes, but said she wished it folded in one piece... I think maybe the vibe and the verve do that?

I think there are going to be pros and cons to either...

eno0609
10-03-2011, 03:39 PM

We have an Explorer and love it (our DD will be 5 this month and can also be a whiney complainer:)
- there is a bit of storage in doubles mode (small items) and we add more as needed by using any combination of:
- 2 Skip Hop saddlebags (we don't usually need these unless it's a longer outing (i.e. the zoo)
- 2 Think-King Buggy Hooks (holds anything like DD's backpack, shopping bags, hats, Crocs etc.)
- P&T mini diddie bag clipped behind the frame of the doubles kit. http://philandteds.com/products/carry/minididdie
(fits our portable change mat, diapers, wipes, bib, sunscreen, nursing cover, snack cups etc)
- Stroll-Air stroller organizer (holds 2 water bottles, plus a covered compartment for cell phone, keys, wallet etc.)

- Yes, the second seat doesn't recline but it doesn't sit fully upright either, IMO it's probably similar to the slight recline on our '09 Vibe. DS has never had an issue sleeping in it (we've had it since he was 18 months) Whenever DD isn't in it, we put him in the front and if he falls asleep, DD sits in the back if she really wants to sit (back weight limit is 33lbs according to P&T). She's about 40lbs and while it's not the most comfy for her, she fits and it still pushes fine. I would consider the total weight limit for both seats (77 lbs) at 2.5 our DS is only 26lbs so this is probably why the push is still great for us.

IMO, I wouldn't worry about going over the weight limit by a few pounds, I think that 12'' air tires handle a few extra pounds better than non-air and the push would not be affected that much. HTH!