PDA

View Full Version : QUICK - Meatloaf Help!

Fairy
10-01-2011, 06:26 PM
I found a great recipe, but cooktime is 2 hours! No, I have an hour. What if I shove the meatloaf concoction into a muffin pan and make little loaves? Concoction is 2 lbs ground beef, worstechire, onion, ketchup, breadcrumbs, and an egg. then Divide it so that I get it in the muffin tin. Note, this is a William Sonoma tin so it's not a tin so much as an inudstrial strength thingie, and the muffins are shaped like cathedrals. Not important, but it's all I have that I"m willing to put food in unlined (as opposed to cupcakes).

Can I do it in an hour? What temp?

baileygirl
10-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Not certain size wise compared to a standard muffin tin, but I would do about 30 mins in a 375 degree oven.

lele
10-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I've done meatloaf muffins before. They take well under an hour.

MamaInMarch
10-01-2011, 06:38 PM
You could totally do that. Or just make several mini loaves on a rimmed baking pan. Still fast.

By the way, if you ever get the urge for a new recipe, this one is unreal. I don't even like meatloaf and I could eat the whole thing myself.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/dads-meatloaf-with-tomato-relish-recipe/index.html

Fairy
10-01-2011, 06:41 PM
You could totally do that. Or just make several mini loaves on a rimmed baking pan. Still fast.

By the way, if you ever get the urge for a new recipe, this one is unreal. I don't even like meatloaf and I could eat the whole thing myself.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/dads-meatloaf-with-tomato-relish-recipe/index.html

I have most of those ingredients, I'm gonna try it! My bay leaves are old and dried out, but they don't look or smell bad. I dunno how long they are supposede to last. They're in their Safeway O container, can I use them?

KLD313
10-01-2011, 06:50 PM
I love meatloaf muffins, they cook quickly. I have another meatloaf recipe. Substitute your breadcrumbs with half a package of Stove Top chicken stuffing and cover it with a 1/4 milk or water and let it soak in. Then make the rest usual, an egg and a 1lb of meat. It's soooo good.

Fairy
10-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks guys, I"m cooking now! So appreicate it!!!!

MamaInMarch
10-01-2011, 11:43 PM
I would use them. They just sit in the relish part while it simmers then get tossed. Maybe use an extra or 2 in case the flavor has diminished some. I hope you enjoy it!!