10-02-2011, 12:35 AM
and took.........

ZERO STROLLERS!

OMG, my kids have outgrown strollers!

We did not miss a stroller at all.

:eek::eek::eek:

elektra
10-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Whoa! I mean I can see how you might not need one in that case but it's still hard to fathom. What did you do with all your stuff (jackets, bags, etc.)?

waitingforgrace
10-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Mind if I ask where you went, we've been looking for one in Chicagoland?

NCGrandma
10-02-2011, 09:09 AM
If I didn't already know I've been doing too much shopping for my new DGD ... when I saw 'pumpkin patch,' I immediately thought 'cute clothes from New Zealand'!! The BBB is a bad influence.

arivecchi
10-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Mind if I ask where you went, we've been looking for one in Chicagoland?
Bengston's pumpkin farm in Homer Glen. Love that place!

arivecchi
10-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Whoa! I mean I can see how you might not need one in that case but it's still hard to fathom. What did you do with all your stuff (jackets, bags, etc.)?
We wore our jackets. Carried the boys fleece jackets a couple of times and had my skip hop studio with me. That was it!

SnuggleBuggles
10-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Phew! I know I'm not a stroller mom but I saw the title, thought of your kids' ages and thought about the destination and knew there would be no way I'd have taken a stroller. :)

Beth

MamaBear
10-02-2011, 11:31 AM
If I didn't already know I've been doing too much shopping for my new DGD ... when I saw 'pumpkin patch,' I immediately thought 'cute clothes from New Zealand'!! The BBB is a bad influence.

:bouncy: I got some adorable stuff there for my own kids and as gifts for friends' babies while we were visiting Oz.

mackmama
10-02-2011, 01:39 PM
:47: Whoa! That is both exciting and sad. I'm not sure what I'll do when I have to give up my stroller addiction! :wink2:

berlinsoul
10-02-2011, 02:14 PM
We did not miss a stroller at all.

so the bottomline is: do you like it? :)

Even though I love strollers, I can imagine it's pretty awesome to carry less and less stuff the older they get ...

Multimama
10-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Okay, A, I have been wanting to ask you this: I remember in the past you have said that for city living you need a stroller even for a 4 year old for safety reasons (getting across the street fast enough, etc.). How is that different now with your two year old? Just a different personality? Or did you find a different solution? Does he just walk faster than DS1? Or is it because you don't walk as much in your new neighborhood as your old one? What's the story?

arivecchi
10-02-2011, 03:07 PM
I did like it! I felt so much lighter. Lol. It's kind of bittersweet though. :(

Mm, we still have al, the switchback and a radio flyer wagon. We drive a lot more now though. The new neighborhood does not have that many things to walk to.

Multimama
10-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Mm, we still have al, the switchback and a radio flyer wagon. We drive a lot more now though. The new neighborhood does not have that many things to walk to.

Seriously, that's amazing. I think you deserve a Chariot. :)

arivecchi
10-02-2011, 03:18 PM
I would have loved a chariot. Should have gotten one years ago.

Multimama
10-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I would have loved a chariot. Should have gotten one years ago.

Yeah, I was very lucky to get one when joggingstroller.com was going out of business. (Ordered in the middle of the night! LOL.)

jacksmoma
10-02-2011, 04:14 PM
A, you and I are in the same boat it seems! Mine are now 2 and almost 4 (in a few days) and we drive everywhere and a stroller is just mainly overkill for most of our outtings. We used a double a lot last year when we had disney passes but the kids are older and harder (weird, huh?) to take somewhere so big for an all day outting. We split up a lot these days and my eldest is in preschool 3 morns a week so i more run errands these days. Funny, huh? My bob with board has just been sitting on our porch untouched for days. Miss the days i would just pop the youngest in a stroller on our outtings, now everyone is running everywhere and it's harder. love your post :)

scriptkitten
10-02-2011, 06:45 PM
makes me sad because i feel like i'm losing a stroller buddy. :) lol.

honestly, we rarely take strollers to those types of outings as well. if we go somewhere by car, we can usually depend on them to walk, unless its a longer outing. i would still never attempt to leave my immediate neighborhood by foot without a stroller. they whine and act up and get distracted and walk slow and want to get picked up, way too often.

liamsmom
10-02-2011, 07:25 PM
I would have loaded up the Terrain with pumpkins. :D

Multimama
10-02-2011, 07:26 PM
I would have loaded up the Terrain with pumpkins. :D

It sounds like the Terrain is gone!

arivecchi
10-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Not yet, but it's hopefully going to another BBB mama soon!

GoBlue
10-02-2011, 09:38 PM
For the mama who asked about Chicago-area pumpkin patches...

We went to Goebberts Farm today, in S. Barrington. Not a bad drive from downtown, esp since there was no traffic. It was GREAT for my 2.5 year old DD1. DD2 (3 months) enjoyed the view from the Bjorn. We were stroller-less too, and it worked out great! Backpack diaper bag, big sis on foot or being carried by DH, and me wearing little sis (much to my dismay, the baby hates strollers).

Highly recommended outing!