PDA

View Full Version : i need help with color choice for m.bedroom,please.

chozen
10-02-2011, 10:31 AM
i have it narrowed down to two choices both colors are from benj. moore- smoke #2122-40 or quiet moments. i have no idea how to do a link, im sorry, both colors are on there web-site and i would be ever so grateful if some of you could help me with this choice.:)

Corie
10-02-2011, 10:48 AM
This may help!

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/portals/bmps.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=sidebarportlet_1_2&sidebarportlet_1_2_actionOverride=%2Fbm%2Fcms%2FCo ntentRenderer%2FselectSideBarArticle&sidebarportlet_1_2np=public_site%2Farticles%2Fexpl ore_color%2Fec_virtual_fan_deck&sidebarportlet_1_2isNonSecure=true&_pageLabel=fh_explorecolor

Nicsmom
10-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I used quiet moments in DS2's nursery and it's gorgeous. I've received lots of compliments. It's a very soothing and elegant blue-gray-green type of color.

chozen
10-02-2011, 10:55 AM
this may help!

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/portals/bmps.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowlabel=sidebarportlet_1_2&sidebarportlet_1_2_actionoverride=%2fbm%2fcms%2fco ntentrenderer%2fselectsidebararticle&sidebarportlet_1_2np=public_site%2farticles%2fexpl ore_color%2fec_virtual_fan_deck&sidebarportlet_1_2isnonsecure=true&_pagelabel=fh_explorecolor

thank you!

crl
10-02-2011, 10:58 AM
I used quiet moments in a spare bedroom and thought it was a lovely color. I urge you to paint BIG samples of each on foam board or damaged drywall or something and look at them on different walls in the room in different lights. I learned to do this after painting the same bathroom three times in a week. . . .

Catherine

katydid1971
10-02-2011, 12:07 PM
I used quiet moments in a spare bedroom and thought it was a lovely color. I urge you to paint BIG samples of each on foam board or damaged drywall or something and look at them on different walls in the room in different lights. I learned to do this after painting the same bathroom three times in a week. . . .

Catherine
I always paint sample right onto the wall. Light can have different effects on color so look at it in the morning, mid day and evening. Also other surfaces can reflect light and effect how the color looks. Go to Ben Moore I bet they have small samples you can get for less than $10 and not having to repaint a room because you don't like the color up will save you $$ and sanity ;)

JTsMom
10-02-2011, 12:10 PM
I really like the Smoke. I guess it would depend on the room though.

crl
10-02-2011, 12:17 PM
I always paint sample right onto the wall. Light can have different effects on color so look at it in the morning, mid day and evening. Also other surfaces can reflect light and effect how the color looks. Go to Ben Moore I bet they have small samples you can get for less than $10 and not having to repaint a room because you don't like the color up will save you $$ and sanity ;)

I prefer a sample board so I can see the color in isolation (not next to the existing color) and on different walls. Also so I don't have to live with blotches on my walls until I make up my mind and actually get the painting done.

I might have painted a few too many rooms. . . .

Catherine

kcimato
10-02-2011, 12:17 PM
I also love Quiet Moments but am not familiar with Smoke. Do crl says and buy poster or foam core board and then get paint samples of both. Put them side by side in different parts of the room at different times of day. It's the best way to see which you like better.