PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lists?

giavila
10-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Well, it's it's the beginning of October and I'm surprised I haven't seen any threads about Christmas gift ideas for our DC's (unless I've missed it).

Wondering what everyone is getting.. I have 3 girls ages 2.5,5, and 7.5 so I need lots of ideas. The older one is easy because she has a lot of interests like science, reading, art, board games, legos. It's the younger 2 that are harder because we already have EVERYTHING!

Looking to see what new things are out there this year.. What are you getting your kids??

katydid1971
10-02-2011, 01:19 PM
DS--age 6.5--LOTS of legos I have bought throughout the year on sale, a wii game or 2. For his stocking I'm going to buy him a wallet, Rory Story Cubes and Blink card game
DD--(3.5)--Pillow pet, tag reader and books, a wii game and small remote, the mini kick scooter I just ordered from zulily (DS has the big one and LOVES it), Stocking- piggy paint nail polish, something strawberry shortcakes, a new They Might Be Giants CD
DN1--5.5--Snap circuits (DS loves them)
DN2--4.5--??? maybe legos
DN3--2.5--Plan city toy for his collection, hope I can find something nice like the crane I got him last year for $14
DN4--2.5--Duplo Lego Zoo zoo I think

SnuggleBuggles
10-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Ds1 (9yo)- Lego set maybe an iPod or some other gadget

ds2 (4yo)- toy cash register and shopping cart, FurReal Friend, Happy Napper

Both will get random small toys, games and books too, I am sure.

Beth

Melaine
10-02-2011, 02:14 PM
DDs will be 5. I am thinking about getting them this trike (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Radio-Flyer-Girl-s-Big-Flyer/14710699) or this trike (http://www.amazon.com/Razor-Rip-Rider-360-Drifting-Ride-On/dp/B000WZEX4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317579317&sr=8-1) for their big gifts. I had snagged plasma cars on clearance at Costco but have decided those aren't going to work since we have mostly carpet. So I am going to try to sell them on craigslist, maybe sell the trikes (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-Go-Diego-Go-Tough-Trike/15213046) they have now, and use the money to upgrade. They loooove those little trikes but they are getting way too tall.

Other than that, between Christmas and their birthday (which is in two weeks) they will be getting: the dollhouse (http://www.amazon.com/EverEarth-32692-Maxim-Dollhouse/dp/B003EAB9X0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317578932&sr=8-1) from the Garnet Hill deal, a new dressup outfit, the leapster game from the other day, some Schleich animals. I have tons of other stuff in the gift closet that I need to go through and decide what I should give them. I also want to make them a couple things, but haven't gotten on the ball with that yet.

KrisM
10-02-2011, 02:15 PM
DS1 (7.5). He's hard. I don't know.

DD (5.5). American Girl accessories. Not sure which, and maybe a doll, but I know that'll be her big gift.

DS2 (3.5) Imaginext Bat Cave, not sure what else.

All of them together are getting a TV for the playroom. They'll each get a bean bag chair for there, too.

We are revamping our playroom and moving more of the toys to bedrooms and the basement. We have fewer toys and fewer types of toys now. Last year, they got a shared computer and that's in the playroom. So, we'll add the TV and the bean bag chairs and make it a nice place they can hang out.

hillview
10-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I got nothing. We are taking them to Disney in January. I just asked them and they want water guns (um no) and DS2 wants roller skates (also random). DS1 can't think of anything. They so don't need anything at all.

zag95
10-02-2011, 03:56 PM
So far for DD (age 3.75)-
I have a set of Magnatiles (100 piece)- this is the big item.
A new Llama, Llama book (Sick with Mama?)
LE Toilet Kit (I'm hoping gaga will take the hint and get a purple duffle!)

Probably one outfit and a toy from Santa, and a couple of stocking items.

abh5e8
10-02-2011, 04:22 PM
i'm stuck...and the boys both have birthdays this month too...so looking for ideas :)

dd, 4.5 (5 in jan): probably an American girl doll and clothes
ds1, 3 in oct: magformers, lots of books, new puzzle
ds2, 1 in oct: books, little car race track, abc puzzle

LMPC
10-02-2011, 05:18 PM
DD wants a big girl bike, so I think that's what we will probably get her since she is refusing to ride her balance bike...."Mommy, I need one with pedals!" Sigh.

Kids guitar, Discovery kids camera (anyone have this one? Is it crap?), Schleich animals in her stocking. She hasn't really asked for anything except the bike. Oh wait, she did ask for a cell phone to call her imaginary sister, but I don't think we'll get her one until she's at least 4. :tongue5:

abh5e8
10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
are schleich the animals that they sell at target...or are those a knock off of schleich? tell me about them...do they go with anything or just fun to play with by them
selves?

Melaine
10-02-2011, 06:34 PM
are schleich the animals that they sell at target...or are those a knock off of schleich? tell me about them...do they go with anything or just fun to play with by them
selves?

Target sells Schleich in the bins. Also Michaels and AC Moore. My kids looooove these. They live in a basket on the hearth and get pulled out almost every day. They use them a lot with building blocks and sometimes with trucks or little dolls but usually just by themselves.

elephantmeg
10-02-2011, 08:29 PM
I almost started a thread the other day but then felt foolish to be the one to start!

DS (5.5) probably some of the geotrax that we got used although he wants the Christmas set. Maybe (probably) some legos. Maybe some add on to the imaginext bat cave.

DD (3.5). wants bitty baby furniture/accessories. Baby doll stuff is really her thing so I imagine that or something similar is what we'll do. She would love the monitor I think. She is also enthralled by the doll house at costco but I think she is too young yet for it (barbie doll sized). She really doesn't play with her little fisher price doll house (my first dollhouse) so I'm not sure it would be the right move. But I'll see how trips to costco go and how much she likes it.

I'm at the point where I feel that we have EVERYTHING. Sigh.

brittone2
10-02-2011, 08:44 PM
DS1(7.5)-I have no idea. He wants a bigger nerf gun. He may get a nice Lego kit. I'm kind of stumped for ideas for him this year. He'd love a DS or a wii. It might happen....not sure. He'd be shocked ;) DH and I don't even have a tv big enough for them to play wii on LOL, which is part of the problem. We'd have to upgrade from our 13 inch tube TV ;)

DD (will be 5 at Christmas). I need a bday gift for her too. So far I have suggested DH and DS1 build her some dol bunk beds from ana white's plans. THey like projects like that and it should be inexpensive. My parents are getting her a Our Generation horse from Target for her 18 inch Gotz doll. I'm thinking about a doll trunk for her (like the white one from Target). Maybe a dance bag for ballet. She wants matching doll/girl PJs and likes the lavender colored ones from AG online. I might go with just matching PJ pants for her and the doll from Etsy (less than half the price of the AG PJs). We may be taking a business trip with DH to a city with an AG store and if so, that will be her big bday gift. She already has an 18 inch Gotz doll and a bitty baby.

DS2 I have no idea. He will be 21 months at Christmas. I feel like we have every toddler toy under the sun. I'm totally stumped.

lhafer
10-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I kind of do group gifts for my girls, even though they are spread apart in age, because they play with each other's toys all the time.

DD1 (5):
- bike
- arts and crafts stuff
- cash register/play money
- remote controlled car

DD1 (22 mo @ Christmas):
- Baby doll stroller
- Baby doll clothes
- Rocking horse
- some books/puzzles

For both:
- magnatiles
- play kitchen
- play food
- bake shoppe

mnosky1
10-03-2011, 01:39 AM
DD8.5 (need help!)
Wants another AG doll but doesn't really "play" with the 2 she has. Is very into all the historical books and stories but the dolls don't really get much play.
-might buy her Uggs - not really something she is asking for but she likes boots and has a wide foot so boots don't fit her well and the uggs really do - thought about buying now but so pricey maybe I should make a gift since I have no other ideas!
-still need Santa and stocking at least
- plus ideas for family...
-still has unopened craft kits from last birthday
- maybe horse lessons if I can find an indoor arena

DD3.5 (doing ok here and I already bought this stuff)
-mini kick (she wanted scooter like big Sis and just ordered from zulily)
-few 50-100 pc puzzles from consignment sale
-caribou (so happy to find older one w better reviews at consignment sale)
-little mermaid puppet set (consignment sale)
Grandma is making a provincial belle dress
I might order a boutique custom outfit with princess appliqués (she loves these but they are pricey so I never have)
-figure sets from Disney store (were on sale this week but I might have missed it)
-princesses - either sleich or similar - even though she loves Disney - loves these characters more - for stocking - and the knights/princes

For both - scrabble tile necklaces, personalized with name and also ones with initial - stocking stuffers- share same initial so they can mix/match

Melaine
10-03-2011, 09:18 AM
DD (will be 5 at Christmas). I need a bday gift for her too. So far I have suggested DH and DS1 build her some dol bunk beds from ana white's plans. THey like projects like that and it should be inexpensive. My parents are getting her a Our Generation horse from Target for her 18 inch Gotz doll. I'm thinking about a doll trunk for her (like the white one from Target). Maybe a dance bag for ballet. She wants matching doll/girl PJs and likes the lavender colored ones from AG online. I might go with just matching PJ pants for her and the doll from Etsy (less than half the price of the AG PJs). We may be taking a business trip with DH to a city with an AG store and if so, that will be her big bday gift. She already has an 18 inch Gotz doll and a bitty baby.

My Kmart had the summer dollie and me nightgowns for $3.99 last week! Probably wouldn't work for this time of year, but if she is into that you might want to check for it!

AlbrightRC
10-03-2011, 09:23 AM
My son will be 3 1/2 at christmas and so far I have 6 automoblox mini's. A set of three and then three seperate ones.
In consideration is
Leappad
magnatiles
puzzles
chuggington trains- wood and diecast
lego duplos
books
dvd's
walkie talkies
guitar
drum pad
imaginext "cars" stuff

khalloc
10-03-2011, 09:31 AM
I already have a 100-set of magnatiles that are for both kids to share.

Here are other ideas I have

DS (3.5) - puzzles, Cars 2 movie, Lion King movie, Cars 2 legos, Brain Quest, maybe a leapster type gaming thing?

DD (6) - lots of board games, art project stuff, clothes, Kung Fu Panda 2 movie, Smurfs movie,Just Dance 3

brittone2
10-03-2011, 01:31 PM
My Kmart had the summer dollie and me nightgowns for $3.99 last week! Probably wouldn't work for this time of year, but if she is into that you might want to check for it!
Thanks. I should check that out. When I showed her some ideas online she wanted PJs vs. a nightgown. although at home she'll wear either so I don't see why she cares ;) Thanks for the tip. I could always get it to go along w/ her other stuff.

Kindra178
10-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Group Gift

Magnatiles

Sleeping Bags for all three (got that idea from another post)

DS1

Ipod Touch
Leap Something

DS2

Bruder Excavator

DS3

Sid the Science Kid stuff, including Microphone (may buy for all three)
Cars II movie
I really have to work on DS3 - it's so hard to figure out what he wants.

belovedgandp
10-03-2011, 01:56 PM
DS1 - 7 1/2 - DS, K'Nex roller coaster set, maybe Legos
DS2 - 4 1/2 - marble run, gears toys
DD1 - 1 1/2 - baby doll, stroller, plasma car

kboyle
10-03-2011, 07:34 PM
for all 3:

big lego set (ds1: hogwarts express, ds2: pirate of carribean white cap bay, ds3: hp the burrow)
2 ds games
1 wii game
1 dvd (Spooky Buddies, ?, ?)

i have the Leappad and a couple games for ds3 also, but it may actually get returned or something...i can't decide if i should keep it or not. if i decide to have my mom get ds1 the kindle (79$) then i'll give it to him...then i'll have to figure out some thing electronic from her for ds2... i thought about doing the kindle fire for them to share, but that may not go over too well...plus i want the kindle for actual reading for ds1, and i think e-ink is WAY better that the backlit screen.

i told my kids that action figures/beyblades/bakugan/etc were done with. i'm sick of spending $$ on dumb things that they end up losing/breaking/trading. and luckily, they understand that less dumb $hit = better expensive toys.

kristac
10-03-2011, 07:57 PM
All three boys:
I want to make some people blocks with our family members like this:
http://pinterest.com/pin/207389358/

DS1- (turning 7 so birthday ideas as well)
already have- beyblades and travel stadium
slamwich
qwirkle
Klutz- lego crazy action contraptions
a bunch of little lego sets from Target clearence
ikea crank flashlight
asking for- pokemon toys (specifically happy meal toys :P )
Cars 2 video game (PS3 game is rated 10+ so I'm thinking of getting the Plug & Play TV game from Jax Pacific)
star wars toys
legos (thinking about the Star Wars advent calender and/ or Star Wars Brickmaster book)
any random toy in a flyer or on the shelf that catches his eye
definately getting- 2011 hess truck
Lego Star Wars Padawan Menace DVD
maybe- Rory Story Cubes
Madlibs
perplexus
fishing gear
camping tent
christmas hexbugs
Target Lego Spot giftcard

DS2- 4.5
already have- a few action figures
haba castles knights game
National Geographic Electronic Dino Xcavator
Ikea crank flashlights
some little lego sets from Target clearence
Asking for- fishing gear
maybe- older model hess firetruck if I can score one or bruder truck
remo drum
tag reader books or accessories (maybe solar system)
imaginext bat cave
legos
crank flashlight http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30190857/
christmas hexbugs

DS3- will be 2 at Thanksgiving so birthday ideas as well
already have- potato head and disney accessories
thinkativity musical animals
m&d sound puzzle
dinosaur poncho towel
sled
probably-
bike helmet
maybe-
toddler bball hoop
play tent
???????? Totally clueless here... The only idea I have is a fox flap hat that he loved in Walmart... but if I buy him the hat then DS2 will want one (also really wanted it while we were in the store) and if I get one for DS3 and DS2 then DS1 will want one... So suddenly my $10 hat becomes $30. :duh:
I was looking at the radio flyer scoot n zoom but apparently it has been recalled :dizzy:

<disclaimer- this is a working list and includes ideas for grands and great grands, etc. also includes birthdays.... my kids will not be getting everything on the list.>

<disclaimer to the disclaimer... I spoil my kids :bag >

MoJo
10-03-2011, 09:07 PM
My girls will be 1 1/2 and 3 1/2.

The oldest is definitely getting a FurReal pup (bought on clearance last year, so I was excited that that was her favorite item on a recent trip through the toy department.)

I'm hoping to find her some dress up clothes after Halloween; that's one of her favorite things to do at preschool.

Her favorite toys are her baby dolls, but her yard sale finds are far more favored than the one I bought her new last year for Christmas.

One of her most used gifts from last year was the VTech camera, so I want to get her a memory card for it.

The 1 1/2 year old doesn't really play with anything. She grabs anything, carries it for a minute, then drops it. She likes balls and is far more active than her sister, so I may try to pick up one of the toddler sports sets of some type.

lalasmama
10-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Christmas is going to be minor for DD this year, as we are heading to Disneyland in February (she doesn't know).

She's asked for:
Mighty Beans
A porcelain doll
A kiss from me
Flip flops (she's VERY uncoordinated, so I have vetoed flip flops for most of her childhood--I look at flip flops and see busted teeth and skinned knees for her!)

And she will likely get all the above, but I'm still deciding on that kiss ;)

She's also getting a bike from Santa for her "big" gift.

Otherwise, she will likely get some new jeans. Maybe a suitcase (for surprise Disney trip). Maybe a nightgown, as she's been loving nightgowns lately. So, nothing too big.

Well, nothing too big unless we're blessed with a foster baby for Christmas :p If that happens, she will make me Mom of the Century!

pb&j
10-03-2011, 10:35 PM
DD is turning 3 before Xmas -
Bday - my old ipod and dock
Xmas - bike; kids camelbak; jammies; books

DS turns 6 shortly after Xmas -
Xmas - bike (he's outgrown his old one); kids camelbak; jammies; books
Bday - Big party; possibly snap circuits

We're trying to keep it pretty simple this year. We'll also do our usual stocking stuffers of toothbrushes, lip balm, a little money, a small toy, and candy.

AustenFan
10-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Now that we're living across the country from our extended fam, we're getting DS a rolling suitcase and DD1 a backpack for the plane. Each in their favorite color. All the kids will get matching pj's for Christmas morning pics. We are very much a less-is-more family, so that will be it for gifts. We have a lot of traditions like making ornaments and baking and decorating. When you're paying $1000 to fly back home for the holidays, the Christmas budget is pretty constrained!

Hippoharbor
10-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I have always gone WAY overboard during prior Christmas', so DS does not need Wii/Ipod touch/lego or any 'big purchases.

This year's gifts will be focused on games and books.

Lego Star Wars Advent calender
Simon Flash
Connect 4 Launchers
Clue game
Slingshot (foam strike pocket shot)
No Stress Chess
books
Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
probably DS/Wii game (pokemon white version)
Pokemon cards (even though we already have hundreds)
Reptangles
Bananagrams

It is always hard for me to buy for Christmas, as I always buy things during the year and give to him (ex. just bought him a Camelbak, child's bow and arrow, etc.)