PDA

View Full Version : Exploded soda can in freezer

crl
10-02-2011, 12:45 PM
DH left a soda can in the freezer and then left for a business trip. (I don't even drink soda so this could not possibly be my fault.). How the heck do I clean the mess up.

Oh and he turned on a scifi movie right before he left and now both my kids are watching it. I am so not happy to have all those sound effects in my house before 10am and to have my 18 month old watching this.

Idiot.

Catherine

DietCokeLover
10-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I've done the soda can thing more times than I would like to admit. (I love a frosty diet coke)

Take everything out, get a hot rag and start wiping everything down.

Sorry! It's a pain to clean up.

MamaMolly
10-02-2011, 02:59 PM
ugh, What a pain. Any chance you'd be willing to shut the freezer and let your DH clean it up? ;)

KrisM
10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
ugh, What a pain. Any chance you'd be willing to shut the freezer and let your DH clean it up? ;)

:yeahthat:

AJP
10-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Ugh, BTDT. I am usually the offender though. Can of coke sure beats botte of (wasted) wine though! I vote you leave it for him to clean up too!

ChristinaLucia
10-02-2011, 09:55 PM
I used to do this all the time when I was addicted to diet coke. Sorry he left you a mess.

crl
10-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks you all. He did say he would clean it but who knows when he will have time. We'll see if I can stand to wait.

Catherine

DrSally
10-02-2011, 10:53 PM

Love this idea. I've done it in the past--hate that! Hot rag and I just take out the nearby stuff, may not have to be everything.

Inappropriate TV/movies for kids is such a pet peeve of mine!

crl
10-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Love this idea. I've done it in the past--hate that! Hot rag and I just take out the nearby stuff, may not have to be everything.

Inappropriate TV/movies for kids is such a pet peeve of mine!

I know and it feels like a perpetual battle around here. I don't watch tv, but dh does and frequently has on things that I just don't think are appropriate at all (like Friends). And then I feel like the killjoy when I say something. Now ds is getting ready for bed and saying that he's scared because of the movie--which was Tron. I am so pissed at dh.

Catherine

DrSally
10-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Now ds is getting ready for bed and saying that he's scared because of the movie--which was Tron.
Catherine

Oh great. Is that PG 13 or R? We know people who watch R moveis w/kids in the room! We leave the room. I mean, we're talking extreme violence, *murder*, profanity, sex, you name it.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to get you more worked up. I totally understand where you're coming from.

crl
10-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Oh great. Is that PG 13 or R? We know people who watch R moveis w/kids in the room! We leave the room. I mean, we're talking extreme violence, *murder*, profanity, sex, you name it.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to get you more worked up. I totally understand where you're coming from.

Well it was Tron Legacy, which is PG. DS is just an anxious kid and I really don't appreciate being left to deal with the nighttime fallout.

Idiot.

Catherine

DrSally
10-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Whew, but I totally know what you mean, tHough, there are many, many PG movies that
I think would be too much for DS