PDA

View Full Version : Is the b-ready a good option for me?

Cherrypi79
10-02-2011, 02:34 PM
I am looking for a double stroller, and I'm wondering if I should take advantage of the second seat offer for the britax b-ready.

My dd is 2. She is tall and skinny (28 lbs and 37in). New baby is due at the end of Jan and DD will turn 3 in May. Stroller would mostly be used for shopping and walks on paved areas. I do take a stroller fitness class, but we will be indoors at the mall until probably May. Once we go outside we are at a park where most of the paths are paved, the rest are a packed gravel. People do the class with everything from a bjcm to a bob, so a jogger is not a must. I do want to be able to use a car seat with my stroller. It will be really cold here when the baby is born, so I don't want to worry about transferring a newborn from the car seat to a stroller or a carrier.

I was originally looking at the bj summit and other sbs with air tires, but I'm not sure that I want to pay the price for those. DD would rather walk (or run) than ride, so her stroller days are probably numbered. I thought the new bjcmgt would be an option, but the price I saw listed on that was over $500 + an additional $100 for the car seat adapter. I also considered a phil and ted explorer, but DH didn't like the fact that DD would have to sit in the lower seat. CL in my area stinks, so it's not an option to look for a used AT. I don't have any good baby stores in the area, so I have no where to go and try all the different doubles.

With that overload of info, is the b-ready a decent option for us? :D Thanks!

ckelly
10-02-2011, 03:03 PM
I have a just turned 3 year old and a newborn and it is a perfect option for us. I use it mostly for shopping and trips to the park (paved walkways). Our preferred set up right now is nb on top and oldest dd on bottom. She loves the bottom seat! However yesterday we spent thr day at the outlets and the nb sat below. I actually like her down there because people hardly notice her and aren't trying to touch her. Just for reference odd is 30lbs and 90% in height, So tall and skinny. She still has tons of room on top and still just fits under the canopy on bottom. Hth.

Cherrypi79
10-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks! Do you have any problems or anything you don't like about it? Do you have any problems pushing with the lower seat on (kicking the stroller)?

ckelly
10-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Problems: Had a faulty brake and Britax replaced it with a new one. They mailed me a replacement then I sent mine back. I also had noisy wheels on the old one but the new one is fine. I'd really like it to have air tires. It fits most places I go. A bit tight in some really small stores but I haven't had too much trouble anywhere. It is heavy but that doesn't really bother me. I keep it in the car so only have to lift it in and out of the car. I think if you go into it expecting it to be like a single (size, weight, etc) then you won't be happy. If you're expecting it to be like a double then you'll be fine.

I do wish it had air tires. That would make it pretty much perfect.

As for the push. I'm 5'8 and never kick the back seat. Not so with the bjcmd, that one was ruled out because I kicked the back.

hoodlims
10-02-2011, 07:22 PM
I think so. Your toddler sounds like mine. As long as she is not a thick baby, she should fit fine in the seat. She may have another 3 inches or so of head room with the canopy pushed back. I have only pushed mine inside with about 55lbs of kid (borrow one for top, mine on bottom), and it pushed fine. I was able to turn the corners in my tiny house and go through doors very easily. i actually "raced" the kids through my house so I could test how quickly it could turn.

atthehip
10-22-2011, 02:35 AM
We just tried a whole slew of strollers today and ended up with the Britax B-ready. It is soooo amazing and by far the best option for us.

My older dd is 3yo and 35 lbs and fits great with room to spare. My 27 lb 15 month old too. It is so easy to push and I love that no one is messing with my shy little guy! I can reach them both and have a conversation with them because they are so close to me. LOVE it. My favourite positioning so far is my 3yo on top facing forward and little guy under. I can't believe I can lean over and kiss them both on the head!!

I would wholeheartedly recommend it, especially with the free seat offer! It is an amazing value for the price. We tried the Phil & Teds, MB plus one, City Select, and the Guzzie & Gus Grabriola 1+1 (that one was soooo small I can't imagine having it for anything but very petite twins lol).