PDA

View Full Version : Tested the Britax B-Agile on Vacation!

txhomemom
10-02-2011, 02:49 PM
So, had been thinking about getting a new stroller for months and finally decided to go ahead with the Britax B-Agile. We were taking a trip to Sea World so I needed something with a good canopy, easy fold, and roomy enough for a toddler. So here is my overall review of the B-Agile:

I cannot really compare the B-Agile to BJCM since I have never owned one, but I did preview the BJCM in the store. I purchased the red B-Agile which I think is a really great vibrant red color. I like the color a lot better than the BJCM. The fabric is really nice and seems more substantial than the BJCM...also got to test out the durability of the fabric since my toddler had a diaper leaking accident while riding in it! I cleaned it when we got home with soap and water and it does not look any different than when I bought it, it has somewhat of a waterproof type of material, might not be as stain resistant as the BJCM material, but it did survive the diaper test.

The B-Agile is a really roomy stroller which is perfect for a toddler. It has a really wide and deep seat, plenty of clearance for the canopy. The canopy is really nice and shades as well if not better than the BJCM. The only part of my toddler that was not shaded were here feet and lower part of her legs. Love the peekaboo window that allows air to circulate. I purchased the snack tray which is really nice, however, my dd decided to put her legs up on it as a leg rest several times, kind of wish it was closer to where she could not get her legs out like that. It is still nice to have though and easily removable. The harness for the stroller is one that a toddler CANNOT get out of, in fact, I could not even open it. It is easy to put on, but once latched, I had a hard time pushing the button in enough for the latches to come out, wish it was a little easier for mom, but I guess I will get used to it.

The push of the stroller is a little odd. The tires seem to be fine for every day use, although I would not use it on a walking trail with rocks/gravel. The entire time we used the stroller at Sea World I kept having a problem with the stroller wanting to pull to one side or the other. It was not severely annoying, but just enough to make me think about it from time to time. I tried either locking or unlocking the front tire, but it did not change the steering problem I was having. It might be that I am just not used to this particular type of stroller.

One thing I absolutely hated about the stroller, the basket! I could not access it no matter how I tried and hardly anything would even fit into it. Once my toddler was sitting in the seat there was not enough room between the seat and the bar to really get anything in there. You either have to just leave stuff in there the entire time or put really small items in the basket. It is not good for taking things in and out frequently. It does have a nice zippered pouch on the back of the seat that can be used for some things, but I really wanted a place to put a small ice chest or a couple of bags if we purchased things at the park.

I liked the handlebar, I definitely have a preference for one-handled bars on strollers. The fold of the B-Agile is really easy and fairly compact. The wheels do cause it to have a little bit of depth when folded, but we hauled it along with thousands of other items (suitcases, etc) in a midsize SUV with no problem and I am pretty sure that it would easily fit into the trunk of my compact car. The brake is easy to operate, however, I had trouble finding it for some reason, I had to physically look for it each time I wanted to use it, probably I just need to get used to the layout of the stroller a bit more. Also, you have to make sure you completely engage or disengage the brake, it is possible to think you have it locked and it is only pushed down halfway.

Also, the B-Agile passed the sleeping test! My dd fell asleep in the stroller halfway through our Sea World trip and we easily reclined the seat and she slept really well. I think it would make a great stroller for napping.

Also, forgot to mention that the seat is not 100% upright, because it is so deep, it does tend to sit back a little more, but my toddler did not really complain about it.

So, overall pros and cons:

Pros:
-nice beautiful comfortable fabric
-one-handed fold and mostly compact
-deep and wide seat
-fairly lightweight

Cons:
-steering (not sure if this is just me or the stroller)
-basket size and accessibility
-seat not completely upright
-difficulty with harness
-snack tray position

I may post some pictures later, just thought I would give my review for anyone that is thinking about buying the B-Agile.