PDA

View Full Version : CLarisonic... I don't get it

Hippoharbor
10-02-2011, 06:55 PM
I bought the Clarisonic Mia during the last posted deal. First, it took close to 20 hours to charge initially (seemed odd to me). Second, I don't get it. It only vibrates. I thought there would be spinning action with the brush bristles. I did not use it with any cleaner yet, thinking I may send it back since I am questioning it's functioning.

Thanks, if you leave any comments.

jgenie
10-02-2011, 08:36 PM
The brush head should rotate when you turn it on. I would send it back if it doesn't.

ETA: Took a better look at mine this morning and the head doesn't rotate but the inner bristles seem to move somehow.

TwinFoxes
10-02-2011, 10:40 PM
The brush head should rotate when you turn it on. I would send it back if it doesn't.

:yeahthat: I only charged mine a few hours and it was good to go. I think you may have a bum unit. :(

ETA: though I wouldn't say it rotates exactly, it does more than just vibrate. But the whole brush doesn't go in a circle.

wildfire
10-03-2011, 03:32 AM
I just got mine, too. It also took a long time to charge, but when I checked the manual it specifically said to charge it for 24 hours, and that it normally takes 18 hours for a full charge. I can tell that my inner bristles are moving at high speed because when I turn it on they get a little blurry. They're supposed to move at 300 revolutions a minute, but if you look at the video at http://www.clarisonic.com/product_tour/index.php you can barely tell that it's working. Mine looks like that one does.

But boy....do I see a difference in my skin! It immediately felt much softer and smoother than I'm used to and I have less redness and bumps overall. It looks younger. I've been using it for 4 days now.

I say if you are unsure, maybe see if a local store carries it and compare it to yours. Sephora.com has it, so they may carry it in store. I suspect it is working and you just need to try it out with a cleanser.