PDA

View Full Version : How much to pay for - taking friend to Legoland for DS's birthday

niccig
10-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Rather than a party, I'm taking DS and his friend to Legoland. The friend's mother is coming too.

I'm paying for the adult admission tickets, and just got 2 coupons from Wendy's to get the kids in for free.

I'll pay for parking and for lunch.

DS has saved his allowance, birthday money, small change and he'll be able to buy a biggish set at the store.

Do I need to buy something for the friend at the store too? Note. I am not buying DS's set, he's using his own money.

I think I should tell the friend's mother, so she knows it's up to her or her DS to buy something at the store. Is this OK?

SnuggleBuggles
10-02-2011, 07:53 PM
I think your plan is good and I wouldn't buy anything in the store.

Beth

toby
10-02-2011, 09:12 PM
You don't need to buy the friend anything- that would be up to the mom. Don't even give that another thought- you are already being SO generous. Like you said, I think that it would be nice to let the mom know ahead of time that your DS will be using his saved money to buy something. We are also giving DS a trip to Legoland for his birthday and he doesn't know yet!

Octobermommy
10-02-2011, 09:20 PM
I think you are already being very generous. I wouldn't buy anything for the other child at the store. You might mention to the mom that your ds is excited to use his own money that he is saved to get a souvenir.

niccig
10-02-2011, 09:28 PM
you are already being SO generous.

As this is in lieu of a birthday party, I feel that I need to pay at least for admission, parking and lunch. When you go to a party, you get that much.

Now that I have the coupons from Wendy's, it's not going to be as expensive as I thought. Neither of the DH's can come, so it's just the 2 mums and 2 kids.

I also like that it's a lot less work than a birthday party! Timing isn't the best though, I have an exam the next day!

SnuggleBuggles
10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
This summer I took ds1 and his friend to an amusement park for the day instead of having a b-day party; it was great!!

Beth

deborah_r
10-03-2011, 03:39 AM
We did this for DS1's 7th birthday. I bought the boys matching t-shirts at the Lego store. Paid for lunch, but his friend and friend's mom had season passes (or annual passes, I don't know) so she declined my offer to pay for their tickets.