PDA

View Full Version : DH, I'm no longer cooking for you

HIU8
10-02-2011, 08:49 PM
since you think your mother's cooking is soooo delicious and flavorful you can eat her food from now on. If you happen to die an early death due to the crap she uses in her food so be it. Your mother's food is NASTY gross. It's not my fault she sent food home with you the last time you went to see her and then you forgot about it. I did not know until tonight that we had food from her (and I would not eat it anyway---it was all yours).

DH, if you do not like my cooking--LEARN TO COOK YOURSELF!

DH, right now you are lucky I have not thrown you out. I work like a dog all day studying and taking care of the house and your kids. Yes, you work hard to, but it's not like I'm sitting home eating bon bons. Plus, everyone EXCEPT you likes my cooking.

hellokitty
10-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Aw, that sucks, big time! I feel for you. My dad has ALWAYS been like this with my mom, constantly comparing her cooking to his mom's and no matter how good my mom's cooking was, he would forever tell her, it was not as good as his mom's. Basically, NOBODY'S cooking would ever be as good as his mom's, he just has it in his mind that his mom's was the best, even if it wasn't. I do not even think my gma was that great of a cook, I was still young when she died and didn't know her well, but my father likes his food to taste extremely strong (ie: very salty, very sweet, usually too much of a strong flavor, his siblings all like their food this way too), so I think that he just got used to his mother's over-flavored cooking and thinks that everything my mom makes is bland (not to mention he has health problems that also affect his taste buds, but those health problems are ones he's caused on his own through poor health habits). FTR, my mom is the most awesome cook in her region among their ethnic peers and it drives her crazy that my dad is always complaining that she's a bad cook. So, my dad basically is a lunatic for dissing her cooking, when 95% of the other wives in their social circle cannot cook as well as my mom. I don't blame you at all for being PO'd at your DH. I would be too, and I'd definitely go on strike in your shoes. He's never going to let up, my dad is probably even worse about it now than when he was younger, b/c his taste buds don't work right anymore either, but he still keeps blaming my mom.

niccig
10-02-2011, 10:51 PM
I have a rule..if you complain about how I do something, it is now YOUR job.

My DH does not cook, if he bitches about what I do, he gets to do it...he doesn't complain. Even if I say "sorry, it's a little dry", he says it's fine. Lesson learned well.

JenChem
10-03-2011, 02:05 PM
I have a rule..if you complain about how I do something, it is now YOUR job.

My DH does not cook, if he bitches about what I do, he gets to do it...he doesn't complain. Even if I say "sorry, it's a little dry", he says it's fine. Lesson learned well.

My DH cooks because he is home earlier (I take care of all the pick-up/drop-offs which somehow takes longer than commuting in NOVA). It doesn't matter what my food tastes like, if he made it I am eating it and complimenting it. My only other option is cooking myself (shudder) or eating out every night. Sorry your DH hasn't learned yet!

elephantmeg
10-03-2011, 07:52 PM
my grandma had a cross stitch hanging in her kitchen:

sit at the table, take a look
first complainer is next weeks cook

DS is always super whiny at supper time and he generally starts to whine about supper and I have started sending him to his room for that. If you don't like what we are having for supper then you can go.

Luckily DH likes my cooking, I would be soo mad OP!

tmahanes
10-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I have a friend whose 13 year old complained about dinner the other night so she made him cook this weekend. :) he said he was not complaining ever again ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ellies mom
10-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Last week, when my husband started to comment on the dinner I planned, I cut him off and told him that the only acceptable response was "that sounds great", otherwise his options were to get a second job so we can eat out every night or take over cooking himself. He wisely chose to leave the rest of the comment unsaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squimp
10-06-2011, 09:20 PM
That drives me crazy. I tell the picky people they can have hot dogs or PBJ if they're going to criticize my cooking.

Jo..
10-07-2011, 08:52 AM
my grandma had a cross stitch hanging in her kitchen:

sit at the table, take a look
first complainer is next weeks cook

LOVE this. I need one.

ETA:

(unrelated but I loved it)

My Grandma had this cross stich in her kitchen

"Although you'll find our house a mess,
come in! Sit down! converse!
It doesn't ALWAYS look like this
(some days it's even worse)".
:)

Giantbear
10-07-2011, 10:44 AM
I guess i am in the minority, i do most of the cooking, my wife does not cook, and i am always asking her what she likes and doesn't about the meal. If i am doing the cooking, i get to choose the meal, but it would be wrong of me not to try and make what the eaters like. Often she will tell me what she does and doesn't like about a meal. The secret is to convey it nicely.

Jo..
10-07-2011, 10:47 AM
In my family, it is IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone, so everyone gets what they get and they don't get upset.

DH is on a health kick and wants mostly veggies. My kids won't eat most veggies. So I try to meet them all in the middle, and I TRY to make something everyone will eat. I usually fail, and honestly it's starting to piss me off.

Eat what I make or go hungry is my new motto.

lizzywednesday
10-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Eat what I make or go hungry is my new motto.

My mom always told us that we knew where the peanut butter was.

And it didn't hurt my eating habits one bit. Today, I am a very adventurous eater and will try anything once.