PDA

View Full Version : Dress-up jewelry

kaitlyns.mom
10-02-2011, 09:23 PM
I would like to get our soon-to-be 4-year-old daughter some dress-up jewelry for her birthday or Christmas. I don't want the super cheap stuff that I will be tempted (or forced) to throw away in a week but I also don't need something fancy that she can only wear on special occasions. Any suggestions on where to look?

newg
10-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Well Target and Kohls have some cute dress-up jewelry (Target's is in their dress-up section and Kohl's is where they have girls socks and underwear)

But both are plastic.........so I'm not sure what you consider cheap. I bought DD1 a few necklaces and bracelets in April...they look like fake pearls and diamonds, but very cute....and she's still wearing them almost daily. Only two of the bracelts have broke recently because DD2 grabbed them, and I fixed them easily with some new elastic.

kaitlyns.mom
10-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Well Target and Kohls have some cute dress-up jewelry (Target's is in their dress-up section and Kohl's is where they have girls socks and underwear)

But both are plastic.........so I'm not sure what you consider cheap. I bought DD1 a few necklaces and bracelets in April...they look like fake pearls and diamonds, but very cute....and she's still wearing them almost daily. Only two of the bracelts have broke recently because DD2 grabbed them, and I fixed them easily with some new elastic.

I will check them out, thanks. By cheap I mean: DD got a set of princess dresses and jewelry for Christmas. Within an hour one of the dresses had ripped during normal wear, the earrings broke in a week (all three pairs) and within a few months most of the jewelry "stones" had fallen out and the necklaces had broken. We were finding random bits and pieces of that set for months. Drove me crazy!