PDA

View Full Version : Best double stroller with air tires for indoor and outdoor use?

mecawa
10-02-2011, 10:53 PM
We've decided that we only want to buy one double, and that it will need air tires since it's our only double. What is the best air tire stroller that is convenient for indoor and outdoor use? It will also need to be taken in and out of our Odyssey everyday, we don't live in an area that we can walk anywhere. The stroller is for an almost 3 yr old (DD2) and newborn (DD3). We prefer inline, but realize that the only option is a P&T, and DD2 did not like that second seat at all the both times we tried it, so that may be out. Any suggestions? Also the cheaper the better of course, since I already own 3 other strollers, lol, but I'll take rec.'s from any price range if you think it's the right one!

Being car seat adaptable is a plus but not a requirement.

crl
10-02-2011, 11:17 PM
I'd look at the new Mountain Buggy Duet. The stroller is very narrow (yay!) which means the seats are also narrow (not yay). The seats may be too narrow for your three year old.

I'd also look at the Bumbleride Indie Twin.

Catherine

PeppyParents
10-03-2011, 12:36 AM
We've decided that we only want to buy one double, and that it will need air tires since it's our only double. What is the best air tire stroller that is convenient for indoor and outdoor use? It will also need to be taken in and out of our Odyssey everyday, we don't live in an area that we can walk anywhere. The stroller is for an almost 3 yr old (DD2) and newborn (DD3). We prefer inline, but realize that the only option is a P&T, and DD2 did not like that second seat at all the both times we tried it, so that may be out. Any suggestions? Also the cheaper the better of course, since I already own 3 other strollers, lol, but I'll take rec.'s from any price range if you think it's the right one!

Being car seat adaptable is a plus but not a requirement.

Hi,

If you're able to make do until Feb/March, the new 2012 City Mini GT double (http://stroller411.com/blog/391/baby-jogger-city-mini-gt-stroller-2012/) would be ideal for what you're wanting.

Else, Indie Twin and Duet are good suggestions if you need to buy now.

HTH!

Multimama
10-03-2011, 07:21 AM
I agree with all three suggestions you've gotten so far. On the Duet, be aware that the seat is also *shallow*. This was my biggest issue with it.

mecawa
10-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Okay thanks, I'll have to check out the Duet and Indie Twin. I've tried the Indie Twin before and liked it more than I thought I would, but did not look at it seriously because we were so set on something inline (P&T). DD2 should fit in the duet just fine, she's almost 3 but only 24lbs. and 34 inches, so she is on the smaller, very narrow side.

For those who have had the Indie Twin and/or Duet, is it easy to use indoors? My indoor stroller has always been a Mac so I'm so use to narrow strollers for indoors, but I've come to realize that with a double, i need to go somewhat wider at least.

blueperidot
10-03-2011, 08:44 AM
I have both- the duet is great for indoors, the narrowness really is nice and my 3 yr old DS is quite comfortable in it. My only complaint is getting it in the car is a struggle. I love the indie twin, but the duet is noticeably easier indoors and in crowded places.

mecawa
10-03-2011, 12:52 PM
I have both- the duet is great for indoors, the narrowness really is nice and my 3 yr old DS is quite comfortable in it. My only complaint is getting it in the car is a struggle. I love the indie twin, but the duet is noticeably easier indoors and in crowded places.

Why do you find the Duet harder to get out of the car than the Indie, does it have more of a bulky fold? Just curious. I find my BOB single hard to get in and out of the car so I can imagine a double air tire type of stroller must be awful.

blueperidot
10-03-2011, 02:36 PM
I can't really figure it out. It folds pretty flat; I think its the lack of a clip to keep it held together. So I have to lift it a certain way so it doesn't unfold as I'm lifting it which is hard given the width and weight.

But I would still high recommend it. It pushes great, looks nice, easily fits everywhere, and my tall 3 yr old fits in it just fine.

newg
10-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Britax also has an inline...and has a second seat sale going on now (I think!), where you'd get the extra seat free!....not sure if it would be any better than a PT though.

I have an indie twin and love it! I just took it to the mall on Saturday....Nordstroms, Disney Store and Pottery Barn Kids where the three stores I went in....and little tight in some spots, but there were very few aisles I could not fit down.
The thing turns on a dime, so tighter spaces are much easier to navigate than you'd expect!

Pbl427
10-03-2011, 10:26 PM
We love our duet for indoors and out and it will be our one and only. I actually find the duet very easy to get in and out of the car (much easier than the bulky indie). There is a manual clip to lock the frame that I find pretty easy to use and the flat fold seems to me to be much less awkward than the bulky folds of most A/Ts. For smaller size kiddos, the Duet is really a great option and so easy to manage in stores etc. We even made it with relative ease through a Gymboree store at the mall!

scriptkitten
10-03-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm loving my duet. It's a solid choice.

mecawa
10-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Okay I think it's going to be the duet!!! Does anyone know if that comes with a parent organizer or not?

arivecchi
10-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Okay I think it's going to be the duet!!! Does anyone know if that comes with a parent organizer or not?No. It comes with a water bottle holder. Scriptkitten has a skip hop saddlebag on hers which she uses as a console. That's what I used to do with my MB Duo as well, except I had two of them!