PDA

View Full Version : Crib advice?

CestMom
10-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi, there! I just got my copy of Baby Bargains last week and also discovered these boards. Both have been SO incredibly helpful so far!

I think my husband and I have finally decided on a crib, but I just wanted to run these past you and hopefully get some feedback.

We love the look of the Baby Cache Essential Flat - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4358806&searchURL=false - but the chestnut color is a bit too orange for us, and the espresso is a bit too black. (We have an antique dresser that we're going to use as a changing table, so we're trying to match to that wood.) If we could get a different color, we'd probably go with this one.

Since we can't do another color in the Baby Cache, we decided on the europa baby Palisades crib - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3535422&prodFindSrc=rv - which we also both really like. I'm also on the shorter side, and this one seems more manageable for my size which is a huge plus.

Any of you have experience with europa baby or thoughts on the Palisades crib? Thank you so much in advance!

Pilotbaby
10-12-2011, 06:34 PM
congrats! I am in the same situation- researching cribs. One thing I found helpful in addition to the book was looking at the cribs I was interested in on sites like Amazon and reading the parent feedback. I found some issues that made me change my choice to a different crib. Good luck!

vonfirmath
10-13-2011, 05:06 AM
I would not worry so much about the color. The crib is only used for a couple of years then you have to get something else anyway. I'd get something where the color is slightly off and get something you LOVE

tabitha
10-14-2011, 09:49 PM
In my opinion, you get the most value for your dollar with a convertible crib. The reason for this? It's almost like purchasing four different items for the price of one since, as your child grows, you can convert the crib into a toddler bed or a full-size bed - it's sort of like a "transformer" bed :) And nowadays I believe you can get one for under $200 or add it to your baby registry. I've done my research on convertible cribs and as far as I know, the DaVinci Emily crib (http://www.dvcribsreviews.net/davinci-emily-crib/) is top-ranked for its safety and its value, and it's reasonably priced at most stores. You just need shop around. The review link above should give you more detailed info and help you make an informed decision before buying.

allnewtome
10-16-2011, 08:12 PM
My husband and I are also looking at both of those cribs. Excellent choices. :)

Does anyone know what the Europa Baby Palisades has for mattress support (particle board, springs, slats)? I forgot to write that down last time we were in BRU and it's an hour away!

CestMom
10-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I ended up ordering the Europa Baby Palisades. I think either crib could have matched the dresser, but the lower profile of the Europa Baby seemed more functional for me.

As for the crib support, I'm not sure if it's slats or particle board, but as soon as our order comes in I can let you know.

allnewtome
10-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks! I went back to BRU today and took a look. It has the metal spring support. I am pretty sure we're going to order it this week!! :yay: