PDA

View Full Version : Now that I have a Bee+...

Nechums
10-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Does that mean I have no more use for Al? I bought the Bee as a reversible car stroller, because DS2 is still really little and enjoys facing me. But even when he gets bigger and wants to face the world, I could do that anyway with the Bee. So what's the purpose of having Al other than the luxury of owning such a beautiful stroller? I should probably do the responsible thing and sell it, right? Unless someone here can convince me otherwise...

swissair81
10-04-2011, 10:29 AM
I had Al briefly, but I sold it when I bought my Bee+. I really don't need another lightweight. I do have another single though- I have an MB Swift. I really try to only keep strollers that fulfill an actual purpose in my house. If it doesn't get used, it goes out.

MamaBear
10-04-2011, 10:53 AM
I missed out on Al, but have a Starck as well as my Bee+. Although we've got huge cargo space in our car (Volvo XC70), I like having the slim (but very long) fold for days like yesterday when I went to Costco :D Also good for airport runs, too, or any other time I'll be schlepping luggage or goods.

mom3boys
10-04-2011, 11:28 AM
I think the only use would be for airport travel if you want to gate check the stroller. I find umbrella fold seems to just work best in terms of getting it through security and fairly "protective" fold in terms of gate-check. Although I would actually not bring a stroller as nice as Al to the airport anyway, I'd use a cheaper umbrella for that!

poohbear
10-04-2011, 11:55 AM
:bag I have both. The bee + is in my car, Al is in DH's car. We have been traveling with the BJCM.

Up to you - if you love Al, keep him - stroller riding time is short. If you're not in love anymore, sell. :)

arivecchi
10-04-2011, 11:57 AM
If you sell, sell it to a strollerista! ;) I do think Al makes more sense than a Bee for older kids, but if you are not using it now, there is no point in keeping it around.

Nechums
10-04-2011, 11:59 AM
If you sell, sell it to a strollerista! ;) I do think Al makes more sense than a Bee for older kids, but if you are not using it now, there is no point in keeping it around.

And I do have an older child...

Hmmmm. Perhaps there will be a time when I need two light weights instead of my double....?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

roseyloxs
10-04-2011, 03:02 PM

Disagree. The bee+ works great with older kids. I don't know why the weight limit is so low on the bee because I have almost doubled it and it still works great. It gets hard to hop curbs with lots of weight but otherwise its still pretty awesome. I am anti-umbrella by nature though so me choosing the bee over Al should not be all that surprising.

arivecchi
10-04-2011, 03:35 PM
For me it is just aesthetics. I just don't like how older kids look in a Bee, but then again, I have never been a fan of that stroller......