PDA

View Full Version : Tips for February?

Moneypenny
10-04-2011, 12:43 PM
We are contemplating a February 2012 trip - it would be the first week. We've previously been during spring break and October and had a great time by getting to the parks at rope drop, leaving shortly after lunch, having some pool time, and getting to bed early. I'm thinking pool time is out in early February and it just hit me that, maybe, possibly, we won't have to get to the parks at rope drop. I feel like we could have a whole different experience by sleeping in and enjoying the parks more during the afternoon and evening.

Has anyone been during that time frame before and have any hints for me? Thanks so much!

billysmommy
10-04-2011, 01:39 PM
We usually go last week of Jan/first week of Feb and we love it!!!

I wouldn't rule out pool time as we've had temps from 38 to 85 during that time. Last year we were there for 11 days ~ the first night was 38 and I ended up buying gloves because my fingers were freezing pushing the stroller but later in the trip I had on shorts and a tank and was sweating. The pools are heated also. The boys went in every day that we would let them :)

Park hours are much different at that time, generally 9am-8pm, sometimes 9pm. AK usually closes at 6pm as it's getting dark and Epcot is always 9pm although Future World rides close at 7pm. You could have a pretty leisurely morning and still be at the park for rope drop at 9am. Our boys are generally up by 6am so we make sure we are either going to AM EMH (at 8am) or have an 8:05 breakfast ADR. The nice thing about the earlier closing times is that we're able to see all the fireworks, MSEP, etc and still get to bed at a reasonable time.

hillview
10-04-2011, 02:38 PM
We usually go last week of Jan/first week of Feb and we love it!!!

I wouldn't rule out pool time as we've had temps from 38 to 85 during that time. Last year we were there for 11 days ~ the first night was 38 and I ended up buying gloves because my fingers were freezing pushing the stroller but later in the trip I had on shorts and a tank and was sweating. The pools are heated also. The boys went in every day that we would let them :)

Park hours are much different at that time, generally 9am-8pm, sometimes 9pm. AK usually closes at 6pm as it's getting dark and Epcot is always 9pm although Future World rides close at 7pm. You could have a pretty leisurely morning and still be at the park for rope drop at 9am. Our boys are generally up by 6am so we make sure we are either going to AM EMH (at 8am) or have an 8:05 breakfast ADR. The nice thing about the earlier closing times is that we're able to see all the fireworks, MSEP, etc and still get to bed at a reasonable time.

:yeahthat: We are hit or miss on pools. But in a week there are always a few days at least when we can go in the pool. I LOVE Disney this time of year -- no long lines and easy adrs.

Moneypenny
10-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks, guys! I'm actually looking forward to the shorter park hours since we are naturally early to bed, early to rise people. I remembered from our last trip that on our "be lazy and sleep in" days we were still to the parks no later than 9:15, lol!

We've never done Illuminations at Epcot because it was too late and we planned to be up for EMH the next day, so I'm hoping we can fit that in this time.

hanaum02
10-05-2011, 11:31 PM
This post is getting me excited. We're going to Disney for our first time the last week of January. That's a great point about it getting dark earlier (and therefore actually being able to stay up late enough for fireworks, etc.). Also good to hear that there is a chance we'll still use the pools. I was thinking we wouldn't be able to.

Thanks!
Michelle
DS 9/04
DD 10/07