PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger Classic Single--Second Seat/Jump Seat?

Munchasaurus
10-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Big quandary here... I'm expecting baby #2 and was counting on buying the jump seat for my Baby Jogger Classic Single to convert it to a front-to-back double. Problem: The jump seat accessory was recalled in March and is no longer being sold (black market excepted, of course). I see that you can buy a second seat attachment for the City Select series. Does anyone know if this attachment is compatible with older models like the Classic series? I'm trying to figure out if it's a viable option.

Otherwise, what to do? I definitely prefer a front-to-back double stroller and want something quality that won't break the bank. Ideas?

roseyloxs
10-05-2011, 06:01 AM
No. The city select is a completely different stroller. The second seat will not fit on the city classic.

MacMacMoo
10-05-2011, 06:32 AM
The recall on the BJ jump seat was because if you didn't make sure you clicked it in right it had the potential to come undone. If you contacted BJ they sent you clips to act as a backup.

That said, I have the jump seat and was musing about selling it. Message me if your interested. I'll have to talk to DH first though.

roseyloxs
10-05-2011, 07:38 AM
You can usually get a phil and teds explorer for under $500. The B-ready lacks air tires but can be found for under $400 and you get the second seat free if you order before Oct 15th. Both of these can serve as a double so you can sell your baby jogger to fund the new double if necessary. Not sure I know of any cheaper options other then getting lucky on craigslist.