PDA

View Full Version : Need thicker toddler girl L/S shirts

div_0305
10-05-2011, 11:20 AM
All of my "go to" places have let me down this year with very thin fabric for my DD's winter tops. This includes Lands End, Gap, Children's Place, and Kohls. Lands End was the worst--the fabric was like tissue paper. :tongue5: I'm seeing the same comments left on these retailer's websites this year. I don't want to spend more than $10 per shirt, as we need about 12. :wink2: Suggestions?

sweet_pea
10-05-2011, 01:16 PM
I know what you mean, I'm in the same boat! We're in a very cold climate so we definitely need something heftier than the "lightweight layering tees" that are everywhere. I haven't found anything yet, but have been considering these (http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/66339?feat=8311-GN3)from L. L. Bean. However, they are a bit pricey and the colors aren't very girly. I'll let you know if I run across anything else.

div_0305
10-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Funny--just looked at the same. I know the retailers would like us to buy these tissue thin shirts as "layering" ts, but it's so impractical. Plus, they are not clear about them being made for layering. As my DD will be wearing these all day indoors mostly at daycare, she doesn't need layers--just one solid shirt. I also think the shirts will look old fast because of the inferior fabric.

mecawa
10-05-2011, 01:53 PM
I just bought DD2 some long sleeve shirts at Target, and they weren't as paper thin as I've seen other places, still not as thick as I would like, but not like those layering type shirts that I know TCP carries a lot of, I think I got 2 of them for like ten dollars, I haven't washed them yet, so I'm not sure how they hold up in the wash (but hoping they'll hold up good). They were in the toddler department.

boltfam
10-05-2011, 01:56 PM
You could call the Hanna Andersson outlets. Full price, their t's are way more than the price you indicated but if you can wait for a sale at the outlets, you can probably get shirts for around $10.

Momto1
10-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Are you near a Gap outlet? I was at mine this weekend and last year's LS tops are there on sale, and they're not the tissue weight ones.

BabyBearsMom
10-05-2011, 03:44 PM
I just bought DD some really cute long sleeved t-shirts from Next Direct. They aren't super thick, but they are reasonablely thick. They aren't as thick as some of the ones I saw at Target, but I just love Next Direct. They are so cute and unique looking.

hoodlims
10-07-2011, 01:19 AM
I think the Gymboree long sleeved shirts are thicker than others. Especially thicker than Children's Place.

citymama
10-07-2011, 01:22 AM
You could call the Hanna Andersson outlets. Full price, their t's are way more than the price you indicated but if you can wait for a sale at the outlets, you can probably get shirts for around $10.

:yeahthat: call tomorrow - their l/s solid tees are $10 at the outlet sale that starts tomorrow. Their leggings are just $5, and pjs are $10 - all in thick, soft organic cotton.

Darn it, I placed an order today and am kicking myself for not getting any l/s tees for either DD coz we need them!