PDA

View Full Version : I'm just venting...

sidmand
10-05-2011, 01:50 PM
I don't know where else to vent and I need to scream so I'm cyberscreaming. I HATE MY NEW REFRIGERATOR! I hate Samsung and I hate Appliances Connection.

I so wanted to love my new fridge. I figured almost anything would've been better than my last one. Well, it's now been almost two months and I still don't have a properly working refrigerator. And WTH? Samsung just called me because they wanted to be more clear on the problem I was having (which I've told them four+ times) and to verify that I was still having the issue. You mean the same issue I called about two hours ago to tell you about? Um, yes, still the same issue. WTF!

So far the company I bought the fridge from told me they didn't want to deal with me anymore because of my "treats" [threats...perhaps you should take an English spelling course--and it wasn't just that typo, his entire reply to me made it obvious English was not his first language!]. My "threat" was that I was going to contact the Better Business Bureau because until I started digging deeper I didn't see all the bad reviews of the company. Nice customer service. And now every.single.time I call Samsung I need to give them ALL my info over and over again. And then I need to give it to the person they transfer me to. Part of it was my fault because the problem has been intermittent and when the repair guy (third one) called to set up an appointment the control panel was actually working and I didn't schedule it. But he gave me two numbers to call if I needed him and hasn't responded to either or the e-mail I had so I called Samsung back again.

Okay, I do like the crushed ice. And honestly, except for the fact I can't change anything once it's set, at least the fridge is working and I seem to be able to get ice and water, but...

ARRRRGGGGGHHH. Okay, no need to respond. Just good to get it off my chest!!

Indianamom2
10-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Oh I feel your pain!

I've just been down this road with LG about a plasma tv. The same problem kept appearing 3 times. Obviously, it was a defect. The tv is barely a year old. The first time it happened, it was under warranty. When it happened again just AFTER the warranty expired, I fought to get them to cover it since it obviously hadn't been fixed the first time. Then it happened again.

We finally got it fixed for good (I really hope) on Monday. It's been about 8 months. I hate fighting with customer service.

(Ironically, the tv we had before this one was a Samsung and it was defective as well, but they were very easy to work with and replaced it no questions asked. So maybe there's still hope for you!)

c&j04
10-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh no! We had a Samsung fridge for 2+ years and commented frequently on how much we loved that thing.
Hope yours is working perfectly very soon!

MissyAg94
10-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Our brand new Samsung fridge doesn't work. And we have to wait three weeks for a new one.

sidmand
10-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Our brand new Samsung fridge doesn't work. And we have to wait three weeks for a new one.

So sorry to hear that. :(

So far the repairmen haven't been too complimentary about Samsung refrigerators. I had only seen good reviews up until then. I never thought I would want my simple, basic, Amana fridge back.