PDA

View Full Version : Winter question: warm feet for 6 month old?

NCGrandma
10-05-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm already starting to think about Christmas shopping :o My DGD2 will be 5 months old at Christmas and I'd like to find something to keep her feet warm in the New England winter. She'll be wearing a Hanna fleece bunting when they go outdoors, with a blanket/etc as needed, but their house is usually on the cool side.

So, what are your favorite ways to keep babies' feet warm in winter? When my 7-yo DGD1 was that age, I think we had started using the soft-soled Robeez, worn over socks. The Smartwool baby booties are cute but pricey -- we're all great fans of Smartwool. REI's house brand has similar-looking soft wool booties which are cheaper. REI also sells Acorn polar fleece booties, also pricey (but I just got an REI Columbus Day sale coupon...).

Any experience with any of these? Other suggestions? Thanks!!

BabyBearsMom
10-05-2011, 04:05 PM
At that age, I loved the Hanna Mocs for DD (actually still do! They are the slippers of choice in our house). A little pricey but totally worth it.

lowrioh
10-05-2011, 04:10 PM
At that age, I loved the Hanna Mocs for DD (actually still do! They are the slippers of choice in our house). A little pricey but totally worth it.

:yeahthat:

NCGrandma
10-05-2011, 04:18 PM
For some reason, I hadn't thought of the Hanna mocs, even though DGD1 loves them. Guess I thought they weren't made in small sizes... Need to pay more attention to the rumors about the Columbus Day sale at Hanna outlets!

lizzywednesday
10-06-2011, 10:15 AM

:yeahthat:

DD lived in her Hanna mocs last year & I'm sad to have to hand them down! (I will be buying more for the winter, though.)

We also did SmartWool socks with soft-soled shoes (MiniStar from Target) or layered a thin cotton sock (ON triple-roll socks) under the Hanna moc for extra warmth.

katydid1971
10-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I found these great slippers for DC at Target. The were fuzzy and elastic around the ankles. They were less than $10 and in the baby section near the socks. I also got DD some robeez booties that were leather outside and furry inside. http://www.robeez.com/Robeez-Booties-pastel-pink-Robeez-baby-shoes/product.aspx?ProductID=835&deptid=52&PriceCat=2&Lang=EN-US