PDA

View Full Version : Indie twin owners help please?

todzwife
10-05-2011, 06:21 PM
I got my CL indie twin this morning and it had been outside last night when it rained so I needed to give it a bath. I took the padding off and...now I can't figure out how it goes back on. The back part, does it fold up or down over the frame and there are 2 sets of wide snaps and 2 close snaps. It looks like the wide snaps line up with snaps on the hood, but...I'm not sure.

Can someone take a picture of theirs for me?

Oh, and I made the mistake of not checking that the 2 seats aren't exactly alike...well...that was fun. I had them both 90% on and realized I had them on backwards! ARGH!

MamaInMarch
10-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Oh, and I made the mistake of not checking that the 2 seats aren't exactly alike...well...that was fun. I had them both 90% on and realized I had them on backwards! ARGH!

Totally did that the first time. Mine is an older one so I don't think I'm of any help with pics - the seat covers look different on the newer ones to me. Maybe the pics here will help?

http://www.bumbleride.com/pdf/2010-Indie-Twin-Manual.pdf

Also, if this does not look like your model and you need the manual, Bumbleride should be able to email you a PDF of the right one. I posted on their Facebook page and got an email pretty quickly with the manual for my year.

todzwife
10-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks :) I should have taken pictures before I took them off!

There are 2 flaps on either side that I don't know where they snap to and then the back...the rest I figured out!

todzwife
10-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Ok I'm so dumb but the back of the seat is exposed (the frame) I KNOW it's not supposed to look like this!

lauti
10-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Ok I'm so dumb but the back of the seat is exposed (the frame) I KNOW it's not supposed to look like this!

Do you mean like the black flexible plastic-like material that makes up the backrest? That is supposed to be exposed. On my Indie the flap just goes over the top of the seat.

I had a bear of a time putting the fabric back on my Indie so I can sympathize. I am still not sure I did it right but it folds and unfolds so that's good enough for me.

roseyloxs
10-06-2011, 05:01 AM
Its been awhile since I have done this but I will do my best to explain it. There is a small sleeve part on top if I recall that needs to slide onto the top of the seatback plastic. This still leaves most of the back exposed and it will stay that way.

There are at least two sets of velcro that needs to go around the back frame and under the seat.

The flaps on the side need to go around the frame and snap back on top of itself. I think there are some extra snaps/flaps that are for the footmuff so don't obsess about using all of them.

The canopy can and should snap on to the back of the seat. The snaps are on the part of the sleeve that slid over the top of the seatback plastic.

The hardest part I remember about the assembly is threading the strap recline through the fabric and around the frame.

newg
10-06-2011, 02:29 PM
if you still need more help PM me! and I'll unfold mine (I keep it in the back of the car) and take pics and post tonight!

todzwife
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
I got the recline straps, I'm still confused with the snaps on the back of the seat and the back of the hood and how it all snaps together LOL!

Pictures would be fantastic if you don't mind.

newg
10-09-2011, 09:54 PM
it's a little late for me to do it now........but I'll unfold it tomorrow and take pictures!

todzwife
10-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks bunches!!

roseyloxs
10-10-2011, 05:12 AM
Found this photo on the internet and indicated where the snaps are to snap the canopy on. HTH

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-U6rt5U2-1OI/TpK2tKSeiXI/AAAAAAAAAV8/kN21fISs3u8/s306/snaps.jpg

todzwife
10-10-2011, 03:53 PM
yes thank you!

newg
10-10-2011, 10:19 PM
aaackk......I just realized I totally forgot to take pictures for you!!! The girls were just crazy today.....I am so sorry :(

Do you still need them, or does the above picture help enough?

todzwife
10-11-2011, 12:39 AM
The above pic helped. I also realized that there is a half pocket that the seat back slips into...which is why I was confused because it was all exposed and didn't look right LOL!

Thanks so much!

Bumbleride
10-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Hi Todzwife,

It sounds like you have got the fabric back on thanks to roseyloxs!

Feel free to give us a call if you need any more assistance, 1 800 530 3930.

Best,

Ryan