PDA

View Full Version : Will I be happy with older model Bob

onerubberducky
10-06-2011, 09:23 AM
I am looking at in cheap good condition 2009 Bob tomorrow. Will I be happy with it compared to the new Bob's ? I have a valco trimode, but I am going to sell it, don't like the push because I have to push it and walk the dog at the same time. Love the Bob push. I also want it for soccer fields since we have soccer 6 times a week. Don't want to spend alot of money, but since I have a 10 week old will use for a long time. I have a Maclaren Techno XL for our smaller stroller and a Britax Chaperone travel system that is getting sold when we are out of the car seat.

crl
10-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Some people prefer the older bobs. It is mostly an appearance issue. The push is the same. I'd gladly get an older one in good condition!

Catherine

roseyloxs
10-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Some people prefer the older bobs. It is mostly an appearance issue. The push is the same. I'd gladly get an older one in good condition!

:yeahthat: I think the only reason to pay for the new BOB would be the better attachment system but that won't be an issue for you anyway.

spannaz
10-06-2011, 09:51 AM
I much prefer the older BOB :D. Something about the leg rest part looks more comfy for kids. And like PP's have said, the push will be exactly the same.

I'd say go for it if it's a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larig
10-06-2011, 10:59 AM
love my 2008 bob. I think the new ones seem a little wider (to me that's a bad thing)

hoodlims
10-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Yes! I hate the colors and look of the new BOB.

onerubberducky
10-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks I will let you know what I get, I too did not like the appearance of the new Bob's and too expensive too. I just want the push so I can walk to poor doggy!

poohbear
10-08-2011, 09:00 AM
I had both - own a 2009, but bought a 2010 to see if I liked it better. I didn't. Kept the 2009, sold the 2010. Plus the adapter on the older models is a bit more universal - you may be able to use your chaperone with it...

DOn't worry too much about the investment, since you'll get a chunk of it back when you sell in a few years (as long as you have the $$ to put out now)...

onerubberducky
10-09-2011, 09:44 AM
I went with the new one because believe it or not there was someone on Craigs list selling a brand new one in the box (they had two given to them). I see I can use it and sell it for a good price when I am done. I like the seat anyways better on the new one, and I got plum and I love the color.

crl
10-09-2011, 02:47 PM
I went with the new one because believe it or not there was someone on Craigs list selling a brand new one in the box (they had two given to them). I see I can use it and sell it for a good price when I am done. I like the seat anyways better on the new one, and I got plum and I love the color.

Hope you love it!

Catherine