PDA

View Full Version : I hate security tags

weech
10-06-2011, 12:48 PM
I went shopping last night after work. This is a rare occasion and I had a really nice time. I picked up a couple new dresses and a body shaper to go under them.

First of all, the stupid body shaper was $57. Second of all, I was in a hurry getting dressed this morning (I'm always late) and I didn't realize until I leaned back in my car that the security tag was still attached to the body shaper!

It would be ages before I could get back to a JCPenney to get the damn thing removed, so I just went into the bathroom at work, stripped, and cut it out! Now there's a hole in my brand new $57 shaper. :irked:

At least I don't have a huge plastic rectangle protruding from the back of my dress. Ugh.

LadyPeter
10-06-2011, 01:45 PM
UGH! I never return things, so I would have done the same. :32:

wellyes
10-06-2011, 01:57 PM
That happened to me once, ugh!!
Hope it felt a just a liiiiiittle bit good to get a bit of revenge on that shaper!

kozachka
10-07-2011, 12:43 AM
You are much more decisive than I under similar circumstances. I bought a nice dress in London while visiting a friend. Upon return home I discovered that it had a large plastic security tag attached to the bottom of its skirt. I could not wear it for many months until I found a friend who owned a store and had the right equipment to remove it. Very frustrating indeed.

lmwbasye
10-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Ugh. The worst. Another reason why I hate shopping in stores.

Way to be resourceful!

Rainbows&Roses
10-07-2011, 01:49 AM
This has happened to me, my mom and my sister at JCP (all different stores). They are really bad at remembering to remove them and apparently their security system stinks because we all got out of the store without a beep.

Staraglimmer
10-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I had a skirt from the Limited for YEARS that I could not wear because they forgot to remove the stupid plastic thing! So annoying and such a waste!

Sent from my iPhone
Steph