PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a keurig

boilermakermom
10-06-2011, 01:23 PM
My mom wants to get me a keurig for Christmas. I do not know which model to get. I am thinking the B35.

I am the only coffee drinker in the house. DH leaves for work before we get up in the morning, if that makes any difference. He will occasionally drink tea or hot chocolate.

It seems the main advantage between the b35 and the others is the water fill tank. If I am the only one using it, does it matter if it has water waiting in the tank or not?

ellies mom
10-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Having a water tank is a very nice feature. We really like the Cuisinart Keurig. I like having the larger cup size option. It comes with the "My K-Pak" cup.

pastrygirl
10-06-2011, 01:52 PM
I got the Cuisinart because of the 3-year warranty. I've had it for 10 months and it sometimes doesn't brew a full cup, so I plan to call one of these days...

Kindra178
10-06-2011, 02:47 PM
My B70 will be three years old at Christmas. We don't use it every day, and it's already finicky. Sometimes coffee doesn't come out at all, sometimes only a half a cup comes out. It wouldn't bother me as much if I weren't wasting an expensive k cup every single time the Keurig doesn't work properly. So maybe look into the Cuisinart one; that warranty would be a great thing. I guess I will be looking into that as well.

kboyle
10-07-2011, 09:39 AM
not sure what model # we have, but it's the biggest one out...it's probably 4+yrs old and have NO ISSUES :)

i'd get the big one with the tank

mytwosons
10-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I've had the smallest one in my office for the past two years. I don't have any issue not having a tank since I only brew one or two cups a day. I wouldn't want water to sit in the tank for any length of time, but that's just me.

Singlemom
10-07-2011, 08:21 PM
I have the Keurig Elite...I do not remember why I purchased this version over the others but I've had it a year. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I love having the water tank because it sucks the water into the machine so the next time you use it, it just needs to heat. I also only use bottled water in it....don't know if it matters or not, but it has never told me to descale it.

I also know that Keurig has AWESOME customer service. I have had 3 friends who had problems with theirs and Keurig shipped out a new machine, no questions asked. SO AMAZING!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Chai Tea Latte and Candy Cane Coffee. I add a lot of sugar and whipped cream to the Candy Cane Coffee because I don't really drink coffee. The hot chocolate is also AMAZING....especially the white hot chocolate. sigh.....mmmmmm

JoyNChrist
10-07-2011, 09:08 PM
I've had the smallest one in my office for the past two years. I don't have any issue not having a tank since I only brew one or two cups a day. I wouldn't want water to sit in the tank for any length of time, but that's just me.

I've had the smallest one since last Christmas and I'm happy with it. I brew one cup a day, at most.

liz
10-08-2011, 07:57 AM
I have the Platinum version. I use mine daily and for parties and have not had any issues.
I love the bigger tank and the fact that it is on a timer!

Beth24
10-08-2011, 12:02 PM
I have the Platinum version. I use mine daily and for parties and have not had any issues.
I love the bigger tank and the fact that it is on a timer!

:yeahthat:!