PDA

View Full Version : Analyze my stash please

atx
10-06-2011, 09:39 PM
one little one, 12 month old, off the charts for height.

Vista 2011 in Cole: Pros- reversible feature and giant basket, one handed recline. Cons-heavy, push isn't that impressive
BCJM in purple: pros-grandma's stroller, the fold is so easy for her, Cons-not too many other than being a little wide and no air tires
Bob- my workhorse, the one I would keep if I had to get rid of all the others.
albert thurston ryder: lightweight umbrella, good recline, nice and narrow, easy push, my mall stroller, Cons- not that many other than wishing it was a one hand fold.

I had a used Cam thinking it was going to be my go-to stroller but sold it because I didn't love the basket and fold and it's kinda wide but loved loved loved the push, especially in my neighborhood and the shopping district near me ( very bumpy sidewalks). I bought the Vista for the reasons I listed in the pros and cons above but I'm just not loving it. I'm contemplating selling it and buying a used Cam. I think my mom would enjoy pushing the Cam in the neighbor better. I certainly preferred it to the Vista. I just loved the push so much and how well it rolled over bumps. The Vista just doesn't compare.

So would you guys recommend selling the Vista and looking for a Cam? I think I'm hesitating because of having spent the money on the Vista and the pain of having to sell it and also, do I really "need" it?

Thanks for listening!

ETA: I'm thinking of TTC in the next few months so they next one will be at least than 2 years apart. So that was another reason I bought the Vista, thinking about the rumble seat. Also, I do love the reversible feature. The BJCM stays with grandma so I don't have much access to it so I like to act like it doesn't count in my personal stroller stash, thereby justifying 4 strollers for one very spoiled baby :)

crl
10-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Well, the Vista is your only reversible. If that is still important to you, I'd either keep it or get the Cam. The Vista will take a rumble seat so if you plan to have a second, that's a consideration.

Personally, I'd just get rid of the Vista and not replace it. It seems to me like between a BJCM, a BOB and a MacLaren Ryder, you should be covered. But I don't prioritize a reversible. (And I think my neighbor's vista with the rumble seat attached is a bear to push.)

Catherine

AnnieW625
10-07-2011, 04:15 AM
I would not buy a Cam if you are going to sell the Vista because they are almost one in the same stroller, although I believe that the Cam might have rear air tires, which the Vista doesn't. I also like the overall feel of the Vista better but to each their own. I had a Vista for 2 yrs. (bought it when DD1 was 2, and sold it a few months ago when I realized we just weren't using it as much as we should be; the bassinet was my savior though so I am glad I had it for her newborn stage) If you aren't in love with a stroller then don't keep it. If you are planning on having more children and you really want another reversable then look at one at that time, but if you don't need one now I see no reason to replace it right now. I think a Bob will handle bumpy sidewalks just fine.

If I had to have your stroller line up I'd keep the Bob, and the Ryder. The Ryder is a great grandparent and travel stroller because it is a great size (it's about the same size as my beloved Triumph or maybe a little taller) and it has a full recline that will suit a newborn as well. While the BJCM is a nice stroller I am much more partial to the Maclaren strollers, mainly because they have really been our main do everything strollers for the last 5+ yrs.

brgnmom
10-07-2011, 04:22 AM
So would you guys recommend selling the Vista and looking for a Cam? I think I'm hesitating because of having spent the money on the Vista and the pain of having to sell it and also, do I really "need" it?

you have a very comprehensive stash! I would only replace the vista w/ a cam if you really value the reversible mode, since you already have the bob which has an amazing push. I have just the mac techno xt and cam. For having two kids (the younger one who is almost 11-months old), I've preferred the cam w/ the bugaboo board b/c my kids have a larger age gap (4 years). DS preferred standing on the board over the past year, if/when he had the time/need to be in a stroller, which is little to none now since he's in school full-time. I would keep the vista though if you are having another baby with a closer age gap, b/c of the rumble seat option.

BabyBearsMom
10-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Well, the Vista is your only reversible. If that is still important to you, I'd either keep it or get the Cam. The Vista will take a rumble seat so if you plan to have a second, that's a consideration.

Personally, I'd just get rid of the Vista and not replace it. It seems to me like between a BJCM, a BOB and a MacLaren Ryder, you should be covered. But I don't prioritize a reversible. (And I think my neighbor's vista with the rumble seat attached is a bear to push.)

Catherine

:yeahthat: I think the Bob with an umbrella is a perfect combo when your kids are over 6 months. Are you planning on more kids? What is your time frame? If you are planning for a 2nd soon, I would sell the vista and save the money for a double. If you plan to have a 2nd but not for a few more years, I would keep the vista with the thought that the rumble seat option would be nice for an occasional older rider. If you are 1 and done, I would sell the vista and buy something gorgeous for myself like a purse or great shoes...or both!

roseyloxs
10-07-2011, 07:51 AM
I love my reversible and if I sold it I would replace it with another reversible in a heartbeat. My kids are well over a year old and still face me all the time. I think its worth it. While looking for the used cam be sure to keep a lookout for a mutsy. Its a bit wider but the push should also be better then the vista. Does the foray have air tires too?

Kaylee31
10-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Have you considered getting a Bee+? It wouldn't have rear air tires like the Cam; but it's narrower, has a better fold, and a great push. It could be a good replacement for the Vista, and maybe Al too. Someone is selling theirs on Swap for a good price. There's someone selling a Cam too...
I wouldn't keep the Vista if you aren't crazy about it. Unfortunately, it might not be the best time to sell a Vista b/c the 2011s have started going on sale. But maybe you can find a CL buyer who doesn't know that. :p

swissair81
10-07-2011, 03:23 PM
My Vista was on Cl since July or August. You have to be patient to sell a Vista now (either that, or have a lot of extras to throw in).